No Treasure Compares To The Love Of A Brother

Hope flipped the pancakes on the stove while Stiles stirred the homemade syrup.

It was a new day for them. A bunch of reunions were done but they still hadn't met anyone on either side.

They hadn't talked about who would be meeting who first. But as usual that choice would be made for them.

A knock on the front door made them look up.

"I got it," Ally said, running through the kitchen to get to the door.

When she opened it, there was a complete stranger to her by the name of Lizzie Saltzman.

"Uh, hi," Ally said, looking at the blonde Heretic suspiciously.

"Hello," Lizzie said, slightly confused why the locator spell for Hope led to the same residence as a kid,"Is there by chance a small, brooding girl here that might refer to herself as the Tribrid?"

Shouting over her shoulder, Ally called,"Mom, somebody's here for you!"

Lizzie's brows shot up,"I'm sorry, did you just say Mom?"

Hope came up behind her daughter,"Who is it?" She froze when she saw Lizzie and slammed the door shut on her face.

"Another one?" Ally guessed.

Hope only nodded,"Why don't you go help Stiles with the pancakes?"

Rolling her eyes, Ally went back to the kitchen.

"And watch the attitude," Hope called after her, before opening the door again to face Lizzie.

"Rude," Lizzie commented, going to take a step inside but she just bounced off the invisible barrier,"You couldn't have a house in your own name?"

"You're a vampire?" Hope asked, noticing how she hadn't changed as much.

"Technically I'm a Heretic," Lizzie corrected,"And what's this Mom business."

"How are you still a bitch after thirteen years?" Hope questioned, leaning against the doorframe, quickly changing the subject from Ally.

"Part of my charm," Lizzie replied,"You mind getting someone to invite me in?"

"I haven't even invited my own family in yet," Hope said.

"Come on, seriously. You go away for a little while and suddenly you're all paranoid?"

"Lizzie, don't get me wrong. It's good to see you but you can't just show up here at my house."

"Not the best approach, I agree. But seriously, these boots are not good to stand in for an extended period of time. So just invite me in, please?"

Hope glanced to the side where there was a porch swing, along with some metal chairs sitting around a fire pit,"Now's not a good time," She said, crossing her arms, and the sunlight caught her engagement just right for Lizzie to see it.

"Oh, you've gotta be kidding me," Lizzie said,"There is no way you got engaged before me..."

She trailed off, and Hope could feel Stiles step up behind her. The energy and power of his body pulsing with his heartbeat.

Even though there was no magic showing, his form still reeked of power and authority.

"Something going on?" Stiles asked, looking between Hope and Lizzie.

"It's fine, Stiles," Hope replied, then she looked at Lizzie. If she was a vampire, that means Hope could also do something else,"Can you please leave for now?" She compelled, and Lizzie went ridgid shouting several cuss words as she unwillingly moved her feet away from the house.