Family Life

"No!" Ally cried, sitting up, the same nightmare still haunting her,"No, no, no!"

The door flew open and Hope was there, and she vamped to the twelve year old girl's side,"Hey, hey, it's okay. You're okay."

Ally threw her arms around Hope and they hugged each other for several moments. For the past four years whenever Ally had a nightmare that wasn't a banshee premonition, it was of that tomb again, being trapped forever, the people who had died were always changing.

"It was you..." Allison sobbed into Hope's shoulder,"You were dead."

Hope shushed her, running a hand down her wavy strawberry blonde hair,"It's okay. It was just a dream. Just a dream. They can't hurt you anymore."

Hope started to slowly rock her back and forth,"Do you think you can go back to sleep?" She asked her softly when she stopped crying.

Sniffing, Ally leaned up and whispered a question in her ear.

Hope nodded immediately,"Of course."

Ally leaned back and Hope continued to softly stroke the Banshees hair, calming her down even more.

When Hope opened her mouth what came out was a soft song.

"Come stop your crying, it'll be alright

Just take my hand, hold it tight

I will protect you from all around you

I will be here, don't you cry

For one so small, you seem so strong

My arms will hold you, keep you safe and warm

This bond between us can't be broken

I will be here, don't you cry

'Cause you'll be in my heart

Yes, you'll be in my heart

From this day on, now and forevermore

You'll be in my heart

No matter what they say

You'll be here in my heart

Always"

It was Ally's favorite song, Hope had sung it to her when she first started having the nightmares.

"Thanks, Mom," Ally said, and Hope kissed her on the forehead.

"Now go back to sleep," Hope whispered, standing up and going back to her and Stiles's room.

Ally had started calling Hope Mom when she was ten. The first time she had said both of them were shocked by it, and when Ally had started to apologize Hope stopped her and said it was okay, and added that she would like it if she continued to call her that.

Then on her twelfth birthday, they made it official and Hope adopted her. Tears were shed, hugs went all around, and they all went out to celebrate.

Hope opened the door to her bedroom, finding Stiles still laying there. He pulled the covers back for her and she climbed in, laying her head on his chest.

"How was she?" He asked her.

"She's asleep again," Hope said, closing her eyes and getting comfortable.

Hope had moved in six months after they started dating, but she spent most nights over anyway so Stiles not so subtly suggested that she could move in, upon which Hope had kissed him and immediately started filling dozens of cardboard with her things.