Amazon

Stiles's right eye opened, looking up at the ceiling, he felt a hot breeze come from an open window. Where was he?

Reaching up, he put a hand on his face, feeling the edge of the bandage over the left side of his face.Sitting up, he let out a groan.

"Hey, hey, hey," Hope said, vamping to his side,"Take it easy, okay?"

"What's going on? Where are we?" Stiles asked.

"Egypt," Hope answered,"A small village with a name I can't really pronounce."

Looking at the nightstand, he saw a mirror and in his reflection he saw the bandage covering the upper left side of his head. Reaching behind it he started undoing the wrapping of gauze and bandages.

"Stiles," Hope warned,"Stiles, don't."

Ignoring her, he tore the rest of the bandage off, grabbing the mirror and he removed the final piece of gauze. He stopped breathing at what he saw.

When he came to, his empty eye socket wasn't visible anymore. Hope had made him a makeshift eye patch out of a black piece of fabric.

He didn't take it off, he only stared at himself in the mirror.

"I did what I could," Hope told him, handing him a water bottle,"Gave you some of my blood, every healing spell I know, it healed most of the damage. But..."

"But it couldn't grow back," Stiles finished, turning toward her,"Why're we in Egypt?"

"Because that's what you kept yelling in your sleep," Hope answered,"You kept screaming the name of the village. Peter brought us here in his jet, he's out buying food right now."

"How long was I out?"

"A day."

"A day? A whole day?" Stiles said, shocked, and he remembered what the assassin had said to Hope,"That means that the ritual is..." He couldn't finish.

"In two days," Hope said,"In some old Priest's tomb. That's where the staff is," Off of Stiles's look she added,"You're screaming was very informative."

"W-We have to go, we have to save her..." Stiles started, sitting up, but was hit with a wave of vertigo, and Hope caught him before he fell.

"Hey, take it easy," Hope said, helping him sit back down on the bed,"Your body and mind is still trying to cope with the trauma."

Stiles slowly nodded, putting a hand over the patch, usually he could feel his eye there, the vague spherical shape. But now, nothing.

His eye was gone, just a dark hole where it had been.

His remaining eye rolled back into his head, and he passed out.

"We managed to beat the Reapers here somehow," Hope told him,"We can try to ambush them when they get here."

"Alright, what can you do to get me ready?" He asked her.

"Stiles, you lost your eye. Even if you could fight, how would you be able to see to your left side? Turning?"

"I'm not going to sit here and do nothing," Stiles growled, then fighting back the spinning sensation he stood up.

"You might have to," Hope told him,"I know you want to be there. But come on, Stiles. I'm so sorry that this happened to you, but I can't protect you and get Ally back at the same time."

"You don't need to protect me," Stiles said.

Hope flicked the left side of his face, startling him,"You didn't even see that, did you?"