𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟗

I think I'm falling in love with my best friend

It's a thought that keeps me awake at night. A thought that consumes me while I'm doing day-to-day things. It's a thought that makes me giddy but also anxious. And it's also a thought that fills my mind when he's filing me nice and deep in the middle of the night.

We've been cooped up at the Forbes mansion for a few days now. The paparazzi still won't leave. However, we go back to school tomorrow so we will need to leave at some point. My parents still haven't spoken to me-or anyone else for that matter.

Maybe they took a jet and fucked off to another country. I don't know and I don't really care. Theo, Thea and Em all managed to sneak around the back entrance so we could talk about what we were going to do about Serena.

"Whatever we have planned can't go into action till I'm back from New York," Blake states while looking in the fridge.

I'm sitting on the island while the others are seated around the marble dining table. "What is the plan?" Theo asks, taking a sip from his flask.

"We need to get into Serenas' phone and see if she has anything to do with this. If she doesn't then, we move on to something else." I fold the fabric of Blake's t-shirt around my fingers to give myself something to fidget with.

"Well, how are we going to get access to her phone? We can't get Blake to get close to her, she's undoubtedly seen the pictures of you two." Emerson sighs.

"I guess, I'll have to. I'll try and get friends with her or something. It really shouldn't be that hard." We haven't spoken about what we're going to do to get to the bottom of this. But it's clear that I'm the only one who could worm their way into getting Serenas' phone.

"Okay. That settles it then. Winter becomes 'friends' with Serena, gets hold of her phone, looks for whatever evidence we need and then we can sort it." Emerson gets up from his seat, walking over to the kitchen door.

"Where are you rushing off to?" Theo asks before he walks out.

"I need to feed my cat, I forgot this morning. I was in the gym." He says simply.

"What is this cats name?" Thea twists around in her seat to look at Emerson.

"Moony."

"What? Why?" Blake laughs.

"Because I like Harry Potter." Emerson shrugs, turning around to walk out again.

I gasp, jumping down from the counter. "All this time, all this time, Emerson?" I run in front of him, looking up at his confused expression. "We could've watched it together. All this time." I wipe fake tears from my eyes.

"You never pay attention to the things I like so how would you of known?" He places both of his hands on my shoulders, moving me out of the way.

"Uh, excuse me. You like cars and your cat and...cars and-oh! You like business studies too!" I call after him as he walks for the back door.