𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟏

I walked down the hall, stopping when I saw our hotel door open slightly

I walked down the hall, stopping when I saw our hotel door open slightly. I definitely shut it, I'd never leave Winter in there and not lock the door.

Cautiously, I take a few steps forward, my senses heightened as fear slowly builds up in my stomach. With one hand, I push open the door and with the other I keep it firmly at my side, my fingers fisted and my knuckles white.

"Winter?" I call out.

No response.

"Winter?" I try again, a little louder this time.

No response but I do hear a familiar noise. It's the sound of Winter moaning, I'd be able to decipher that even with headphones on.

I charge into the room, not seeing anyone or anything where the bed is. It looks exactly how Winter and I left it. The sound of her moaning gets louder followed by a grunt which I know belongs to me.

Whoever is in the bathroom is playing the sex tape.

Without making a sound, I reach over to my duffel bag on the floor and retrieve the Semi-Automatic Pistol I always bring with me when we leave the country.

I put the safety on, make sure it's fully loaded and then hide my body behind the door of the bathroom.

My heart is pounding so hard in my fucking chest I'm afraid it's going to pop out. The fact that Winter still hasn't responded and the knowledge that there is someone else in that bathroom with her, makes me want to take the safety off and just start shooting.

"You can come out, Blake. I don't bite." A sudden voice breaks the silence, the video stops playing and I take a step, now in the doorframe of the bathroom.

I don't recognise the voice or the person sitting on the countertop swinging their legs back and forth. It's very clearly a man but he's wearing a black balaclava so I don't know who it actually is.

He flips his phone around in his hand, throwing it up and catching it. The only visible thing is his eyes, they're a piercing green. Something tells me I know those eyes but I can't place where I might've seen them.

I take a quick second to scan the bathroom, the shower, and the toilet. The bathtub where Winter lays, the top of her brown hair splayed out on the white ceramic.

My heart stops pounding, climbs its way into my throat. I tuck my gun into the back of my sweatpants, trying to keep calm as I walk over to the tub.

"You better not of touched her," I say to the mystery guy as I bend down and reach into the water for Winter's head. I pull her up, and place her head above the now cold water.

"Obviously I touched her, she didn't just sink on her own, did she?" The man continues to swing his legs back and forth now hitting the cabinets beneath the sink. The gently thump resembles the pounding of my heart and the rush of blood in my ears as I place two fingers on the side of Winter's neck.