𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟐

I woke up dripping in sweat, my heart pounding in my chest and my head throbbing

I woke up dripping in sweat, my heart pounding in my chest and my head throbbing. I glanced next to me, trying to get a grip on my surroundings. It was still pitch black in the room but I could make out Blake's sleeping figure.

We'd come back from New York a few hours ago, gone back to Blake's house and we're now sleeping for a few hours before we had to go back to school for graduation.

I didn't need a doctor or anything. I was fine, just recovering from shock mainly. My head hurt a bit, though so I swung my legs over the side of the bed and picked up my phone from the nightstand. It was currently four am which meant Blake and the others would be getting up in about two hours.

There was no point in going back to sleep, a nightmare of me drowning woke me up and I didn't want that to happen again. My mouth was dry as I sat on the edge of the bed and my brain was still fuzzy.

I couldn't even tell you what had happened. All I remember was being in the bath and then on the Forbes jet back to London. My memory was foggy but there was a vague picture in my head of a body and lots of blood.

Looking down at myself, I noticed I was wearing Blake's t-shirt and a pair of his boxers. I don't remember changing into this so he must've done it himself.

Pushing up from the bed, I had quickly reach out and grab the nightstand. The whole room went fuzzy and tilted, my vision going black for a few seconds. Once I had recovered, I quietly walked to his bathroom careful not to wake him.

I eyed the shower, knowing I needed one but all I could think about was being in that bath. I sat up on the counter, directly in front of the shower and thought about it. I know I should shower, we have school. Graduation is an important day, I want to look good in my uniform.

Just then, a figure appeared in the doorframe and light started pouring in through the curtains. I must've been sitting here for a while.

"You okay?" Blake asked, voice raspy and thick with sleep.

I barely nodded, my head still hurting and now my eyes were aching. Blake comes over to me, pushes my hair behind my ears and presses his forehead to mine. We don't say anything but I wrap my arms around his neck.

He pulls back after a minute or so and watches me still staring at the shower. "I can come in with you?" He offers in a soft tone.

I shake my head, deciding that I wasn't going to shower and try to jump down from the counter. Blake grips my hips, pulling me back to where I was. "You can't avoid showering forever."

"I can for now," I huff.

"You're starting to smell." He cocks his head at me.

"I do not!" I push his chest, a bit self-conscious because what if I do but can't smell it?

Blake chuckles, scratching his chest and walks over to the shower, turning it on. He holds his hand out to me, "I'll stay with you. I promise."

My eyes dart between the running water and his head. After a moment I decide to take his hand and pull off the clothes I was wearing. He does the same and intertwines our fingers as I step in with him.