𝐁𝐨𝐧𝐮𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟐

Disclaimer - I know Avery's story is very complex and sad for a bonus chapter but at one point, I was going to write their book so this is just Avery's story. And since this is just one chapter, things are fast-paced and not very well explained.

Avery and Finn are both 18 and on a residential school trip.

TW - talk of sexual assault.

Enjoy!

AVERY WEST POV:

"Who do I have to fuck around here to get some service? This is honestly, the worst experience of my entire life." I groan, lifting my phone to the left of me to try and get just one bar of data to pop up.

"We're in the middle of a fucking field," Finn shoves his arms in front of us to the misty air and green all around us. "What are you expecting? A fucking wifi tower?"

I turn to him, "Do you know what? That'd be fantastic!"

He shakes his head, stopping for a moment to place the compass on his palm. He storms off to the right, I quickly chase after him. It's not like he'd stop and wait for me to catch up.

It's been five months since I got shipped off to Abbey Hill House School. Yeah, the school of delinquents. Troubled teens. Fucking piercings on their clits and face tattoos. Not to toot my own horn or anything but someone like me just doesn't belong here.

I'm Avery West. I'm a model, actress, dancer and everything in between. I care about what I wear. I care if my Gucci mules are last season. I take the time in the morning to put makeup on and curl the ends of my hair. The other people here don't. They're total opposites of me.

And I know I'm not perfect. I'm fully aware of the trouble I caused back home but I had a life there. People didn't go out if I wasn't coming. People wondered where I was if I didn't show up at school. People bought magazines purely because my face was on the front!

Here, in the arse end of Scotland, no one knows me. No one cares. No one buys magazines with my face on. No one bothers to check Instagram to see what I was wearing to The Box on the weekends—or who I was with.

And before you say anything, I have tried to make friends. Really I've tried. My dorm mate, Aggie Agatha apparently doesn't read Tatler? She's never been to a fashion show. And when I tried explaining the workings of a Fashion Week, she told me to shut up before shoving a ring the size of my wrist through her earlobe.

The people here just don't understand me. This is the first place I've ever been to where I've been treated like this. I eat lunch alone. I go to lessons alone. At lunchtime, I sit and paint my nails or smoke a cheeky cigarette by myself.

It's not like I have my phone—my actual phone. Oh, no, they took that the second I rocked up. I'm holding a fucking Blackberry. A motherfucking Blackberry. It was only given to us for this trip. I haven't touched a handheld device like this in five months. I'm practically catting for some social interaction at this point.

Luckily, though, Finn's here too! We didn't leave on the best of terms but we're reunited now. Not sure he was all that excited to see me here. We didn't get off on the right foot, either.

I do have two acquaintances who are, in my books, normal. Turns out Lola's twin brother, Tommy is best friends with Finn. I stopped sitting with her at lunch after I found that out. Finn didn't like me at their table very much. Finn doesn't like me very much period.