𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟑

"You tested Ab negative

"You tested Ab negative." Those four words rang inside my head on a loop. Ab negative was an extremely rare blood type which could really only mean one thing: Theo is my brother.

The doctor jammed the needle into me and started taking my blood. I zoned out, thinking about how the fuck this could've even happened. Did my mum cheat on my dad? Did his mum cheat on his dad?

It was all a massive mind fuck and was starting to give me a headache. "That's all done, thank you. Make sure to drink plenty of water and try to eat something. You may feel a little nauseated but that should pass." The doctor stood up, the movement making me blink back to earth.

"Thanks," I mumbled, then remembered something. "When will I be able to see Theo?"

"Perhaps later on tonight. We need to do this transfusion and then see how he recovers. He drank a lot of alcohol and he's still pretty young." The tone in the doctor's voice almost sounded like judgment but it quickly passed, he knew who we were compared to him. I could buy out this entire fucking hospital if I wanted.

The doctor handed me a cotton ball to hold to the tiny hole in my arm to stop any excess bleeding. I left the room and made my way down to the waiting room. Even just the thought of seeing Blake made my fucking blood boil but, I didn't blame him for what he said. Do I forgive him? No. Do I know that deep down he didn't mean it? Yes. Can he go fuck himself? Also, yes.

I pushed open the doors, the four of them jumping out of their seats. "So...." Thea prompts.

"'So' what? What is there to say?" I mumbled, sitting two seats away from Blake.

"The chances of you and Theo having the same blood type is slim to none without the two of you, you know, being related," Emerson said. I was too exhausted to get into it now. I might possibly be related to one of my closest friends, what's new!?

With a huff, I shrugged my shoulders. My body was burning with the need to sleep, I'd been awake all night. Only drifting off into five-minute naps now and then. I heard Blake and Daisy's conversation. I heard every word of it and now I didn't know how to feel.

Of course, I was still fucking angry at Blake. But after hearing what Daisy had said, I can't help but think that maybe he does love me.

My thoughts are like missing pieces of a jigsaw puzzle right now, so whatever I say, do or feel, I'm blaming it on my exhaustion.

We all sit in a somewhat comfortable silence as the hours' tick by. I grow extremely fucking bored and start pacing the small space. My phone died about an hour ago and no one has a charger with them.

I want to see Theo. I want to call my mum, I want to call Chastin. There are a lot of things that I want to do right now, none of which are possible due to my phone being dead.

So, I do the next best thing. I start an argument with Blake. "I still really hate you, by the way." I stand in front of him, moving my head so the only thing he can see is me.