23.

We walked the short quarter mile to the beach. The sea was wild and the waves almost looked hazardous so the pair of us steered clear, sitting on an eroding, green bench at the very peak of a mountain of stones and shells. We had a great view of the expanse with the dim shine from far away lampposts. It was admirable and surprisingly enjoyable to be alone there- the promenade uninhibited behind us.

Using his prodigious strength, Harry teared apart the cardboard packaging of the Raspberry ciders, grunts leaving his parted lips when he found it challenging.

"I'm glad you made me come here now rather then earlier, It's beautiful." I whispered over the crashing of the tide in front of us. Harry handed me a red bottle after he managed to wiggle the cap off and I sipped from it thankfully.

After, Harry took a bottle for himself, he fitted his head onto my shoulder and rested there briefly while I appreciated the view before me.

"LouLou." Harry breathed out expressionlessly. I hummed in acknowledgment. "I saved myself for you."

I brushed Harry's head away so I could look at him appropriately. We both simultaneously swung our bodies around to face each other while I forced myself to glare at Harry in bewilderment.

"What are you talking about?" I asked threw the thick, foggy, night air.

"That sounded awful didn't it?" Harry chuckled but I slapped his arm to silence.

"Seriously Harry." I begged.

"I'm a virgin." He nodded.

"Y-you did that for me?" I asked in confusion.

"Mmhmm." Harry mumbled casually, as if he hasn't just melted my heart.

I tucked a long strand of Harry's hair behind his oddly small ear, smiling at the sight. I cupped his cheek and pecked the tip of his nose. He closed his eyes to enjoy the moment but it was over merely a second after it started.

"I'm a virgin too." I said honestly.

"What about that Damien boy? Didn't your mother walk in on you having sex?" He asked in monotone.

"It was close. Very scarily close. But we didn't, and I never have." I said. "How did you wait that long? Threw dozens of girls at millions of parties? How? Why?" I asked. Harry sipped his cider and placed it beside him. He hummed as he scanned the scenery, worry in his eyes while his bottom lip trembled in nervousness.

"I did it because I knew it's always been you." He smiled lazily.

I was tongue tied at the very least. A thousands emotions; need, love, desire, hope, worry- all rushed past my lips. I tried to say them all- I wanted Harry to know exactly how I felt. I loved him. I always had. Since I was three years old. How did I say it? Well, I said thanks.

"Thanks."

"Thanks?" Harry chuckled offendedly. "Wow." He laughed, rubbing his face tiredly.

"Sorry." I said.

"Mmhmm." Harry said again. God, must have been his favourite word tonight.

We stayed in the same position for a while longer while we cherished the night and the picturesque view before us. When it got too chilly to handle, me and Harry too a leisurely detour home threw the park- which turned out to be an excellent idea.

We trudged threw the mud absentmindedly, not even minding that the boots I'd only just got where wrecked. The lampposts where the only source of illumination, and while they seemed useful for one reason only, we realised they were now used to advertise.