22. Caring Friends

"Fine!", finally Amit decides, "Now I'll myself go and take care of my friend."

At the same time, Amit's phone rings. It's Anu's call.

Amit picks it up, "Yeah, I was about to call you only!"

"Oh really?", Anu replies in a sarcastic tone, "I thought you forgot!"

"No no!", Amit says, "I just talked to Sidd's family."

"What did they say?", Anu asks, "Why didn't he come today? Everything is fine na?"

Amit: No! Sidd is not fine. He has a high fever.

Anu: What? Oh no!

Amit: Yeah... and just look at his family! His uncle is out of station due to his work. And here, his aunty and cousin have gone for a movie!

Anu: Then who is at home?

Amit: No one! That's what made me angry.

Anu: Arey! How can they do so? At least one should have stayed with him... he is not well!

Amit: Yeah! That's why I've decided that I'm going to him right now. And I'll be with him until they don't come back home.

Anu: You are going to Sidd's home?

Amit: Yeah, just about to leave from here.

Anu: I'll also come!

Amit: What will you do by coming there? I told you na that his family is not so supportive...

Anu: Arey but you only said nah that no one is at home at this time!

"Oh yes!", Amit thinks about it, "I didn't think this...! No one is there at his home, so what's the problem if you also come there?"

"That's what I'm saying!", Anu says.

Amit replies, "Okay then! You can also come. I'll send you the address."

"Okay! See you there!", Anu says and cuts the call.

After some time, the doorbell rings.

Sidd is sleeping in his room. He hears it, but he doesn't have enough strength to get up and open the door. His whole body is aching.

The doorbell rings again.

Sidd has no other option now. He forcefully gets down from the bed and moves slowly towards the door. He can't even walk properly without any support. His head is spinning.

Finally, somehow, he reaches the door and opens it.

"Amit?", seeing Amit at the gate, Sidd gets surprised.

"Bro! How are you?", Amit asks while entering the home.

"Not well, man!", Sidd puts his hand on Amit's shoulder to get some support, "But what are you doing here?"

"That's why I've come here!", Amit helps Sidd, "I got to know that you're not well and no one is at home, so I came to take care of you until they come back."

"Bro!", Sidd looks at him with emotional eyes.

"Yeah, you don't need to be emotional.", Amit takes Sidd to his room and lays him on the bed, "Now you take rest and we are here for you!"

"We?", Sidd asks confusingly.

"Ah... actually...", Amit says, "Anushka is also coming here!"

"What?", Sidd gets surprised to hear that, "But why did you call her here?"

Amit: I didn't ask her to come! Even I denied! But she didn't listen to me. She said that if none of his family members are at home, then what's the problem? So...