he is brave

Friday, 6th of July.

Harry steered clear of Louis after he snapped at him. He's so done with building up hope only for it to be crushed not even 5 minutes after.

Louis hated that and apologized last night, "Harry, please. We're on a trip together, we're quite literally in each other faces every day for a whole month."

"I've been trying," Harry said, "It's not easy to be kind to you but I've really been trying."

Louis knew that and looked down in shame, "I know and the way I snapped was out of line, I'm sorry."

"Okay," Harry sighs, not saying much more before leaving Louis alone.

The latter acted normal and friendly around him but Louis knew he was deliberately avoiding him a lot.

It's okay, though. It's easier for Louis too to deal with all this.

It does suck, Harry's not talking to him, Lottie's not talking to him he only got his parents and Gemma at this point.

He knows both Harry and Lottie are his fault and he also knows on some level he doesn't want Harry to talk to him but it's still boring in a sense.

He calls Zayn that night for the first time to see how he is.

"Hi mate," Zayn almost cheers when he picks up.

"Hi Zayn," Louis smiles, actually happy to hear a kind familiar voice.

"How's France?"

Louis tries not to sigh audibly before lying, "Great, yeah, beautiful. I'll send you some pics, wait."

He hears a bit of ruffling on the other side, probably Zayn putting his phone on speaker for a moment.

"Oh, not too shabby- hey, is that Styles?" Zayn interrupts himself.

Louis looks at the photo's he sent and curses, "Shit- uh yeah. He's the son of my dad's boss.."

"God, you're stuck with him for a month?" Zayn asks.

Louis hums, "It's annoying."

"I can imagine, you still holding up your feud? Because he's smiling in that picture," Zayn asks.

"Yeah, we're no better than back in Donnie. He's still a stuck up asshole," Louis snorts, hearing a door close forcefully behind him.

"Shit- Zayn, I gotta go," Louis rushes out before tossing his phone on the bed, rushing out of the room.

"Harry-"

"No! Fuck off, what are you going to say now? Sorry?" Harry asks, gathering his phone and keys.

"What're you doing?" Louis frowns.

"I'm going for a walk."

"Harry, please let me-"

"No, I will not listen to you anymore, Louis. I'm so fucking done getting played by you! You always do this!" Harry yells, wiping his face angrily.

He doesn't want to cry, he's not supposed to be crying. Louis can not see him cry.

"I-"

"No! Just shut up! Between you and me, you're the asshole! You've been an asshole ever since you ditched me without an explanation! I'm so fucking done with this, Louis, really just leave me alone."

Louis opens his mouth to say something but it just closes again. Harry never yelled at him, he's always so calm and collected even when he's angry.

He also never brought up their past until now.