is he overthinking this?

Harry woke up with a weight on his arm, looking to his left he sees Louis' back turned to him. 

Normally, he would go for his morning run but he decides against it today. Part of him wants to stay in bed a little longer, the other part just doesn't want Louis to be moved and woken up. 

He takes his phone and writes a quick message to his mom that they're tired and he has a bit of a migraine so they're just going to chill and sleep today. 

They were going to travel to another little city, Harry has already been there so he really doesn't mind. 

His mom texts back if she should come over to check up on him but Harry kindly declines, saying  he's just going to sleep it off. 

He turns to the side Louis is laying on his arm and cuddles into his back trying to get some more sleep. 

That slumber lasts until he hears some grunting from beside him. 

"Fuck." 

"Lou? You okay?" 

Louis just groans, "Face hurts." 

"Let me see," Harry turns on the bedside lamp and hovers above him. 

Louis squeezes his eyes shut when the light hits them while Harry examines his face. 

"God, that's bruising for sure, I'll get you some ointment when our parents are gone." 

Louis hums, cuddling further into Harry's arm he's still laying on, "Thanks." 

Harry pulls him into his chest, "You want to sleep some more?" 

"Please?" 

"Sure, Lou. I already told mom we're staying in today." 

Louis responds with a light kiss on his chest, successfully making Harry's heart flutter. 

~

The next time Harry wakes up he decides it's time to make some breakfast. He manages to get Louis off of him and builds a pillow wall behind him, hoping that'll stop him from turning to his bad side again. 

He makes Louis' favorite breakfast while thinking about yesterday. 

Louis loves him. And he's been through so fucking much. 

Yes, Harry had been bullied and lost all his friends in the same month. But Louis actually helped him with his worst bullies without Harry even noticing.

Besides, after that month Liam and Niall approached him and he's had them ever since. 

What he had been through is nothing in comparison to what Louis had been through. Louis didn't have any support from his own fucking family. 

His dad abused him, both physically and mentally. 

Harry was scared to death to come out with his dad, but he had reacted the way everyone should. And he's his stepdad.

You'd think it's harder for a stepdad to accept their stepchildren than a real dad. 

He starts getting angry again, which he noticed by the way he slammed his pan on the stove. 

"Harry?" Louis comes walking in, wiping the sleep out of his eyes. 

"Sorry, Lou. The pan kinda slipped," Harry smiled. 

"How are you feeling?"

Louis shrugs and keeps walking until he's right besides Harry, "Chocolate chip pancakes?" 

Harry nods, "Figured you needed your favorite today." 

Louis hugs his side and thanks him before going to sit at the kitchen island.