Chapter 4 - Party time.

The bell rang and Louis got up to go to his music class. He wasn’t very excited about it. He loved music, but he hated music classes since all you do there is learn about musicians who died a long time ago - mostly pointless musicians who didn’t even influence any music style or composed any famous piece of music. 

He sighed and walked down the hallway, searching for room A 205. He got lost a lot since he started school, caused by the school having more than seven-hundred different rooms. 

Louis looked at every door, sometimes he had to stop to be able to read the numbers, some numbers were faded, and at some doors the numbers were missing so he had to guess what room it was. It was annoying and time consuming.

He looked at the door in front of him, the room number said “A 204”, so the next room would be the one he was searching for. 

He looked up and saw a familiar person standing by the door. His hands were shoved into his pockets, his head was down, he was staring at the ground so his curls were hanging all over his face so it wasn’t possible to read his facial expression by now. 

Louis walked up to him, leaned against the wall next to Harry and smiled at him. “Hey, seems like we got music class together, huh?’’, he said.

Harry didn’t move, he still was staring down at the ground as if he mentally wasn’t here. Louis sighed, how would he be able to help him if he was ignoring him? He wasn’t afraid by what the others told him, people were always judgmental before they knew a person, Louis was sure there already were a few rumors about him, he didn’t want to ask Danielle, the less you know the happier you were.

“Why don’t you talk to me?’’, Louis asked, looking at Harry, trying to catch a sign that he was hearing him. 

Harry took a deep breath, his eyes still on the ground. “What is wrong with you, newbie? I told you to mind your business.’’, he hissed. 

Louis swallowed as he noticed how coldly Harry spoke. He searched for the right words to say. “I just… care about you. I don’t believe that you’re crazy, there’s something else that you keep inside.”  

Harry’s head turned to Louis’, and he was looking him directly in eyes, and moved closer to him. “There’s nothing that could be your business. Just shut the fuck up and never talk to me again.” He was standing so close to Louis that he was able to feel Harry’s breath on his face, and he swallowed, not knowing what to do. 

“Hey, get off him!’’, a familiar voice said from far away, and Louis heard steps getting closer. 

Harry turned away from Louis and looked into the direction the voice was coming from, and so did Louis.

Zayn was walking towards them and his eyes were locked with Harry’s. He stopped in front of Harry, and pushed him away from Louis. “Touch my friend one more time, and I’ll personally kill you, Styles.’’, he hissed, before he turned to Louis. “And I told you to stay away from him, several times, didn’t I?” 

Louis shrugged and smiled innocently. “Probably.” Zayn rolled his eyes. “Who knows what happened if I didn’t come along? He would’ve-“

“Stop it.’’, Louis said. “He is not crazy, and I can defend myself, I provoked him, okay? He told me to get away but I didn’t, so it was my fault, not his, okay?” 

“Just watch out, you don’t know what Harry can do, don’t underestimate him.’’, the raven haired boy said, before he turned away and walked away to his class.

Louis sighed, and entered the room, and looked around in the room searching for a seat when he saw a brown-haired girl waving him over. He smiled and sat down next to Eleanor. “Hey, I didn’t know you were in my music class.” 

The girl shrugged and smiled. “You didn’t asked, idiot.” Louis nodded. “Next time I will.”

~

It was Saturday night, the night of Niall’s party. Louis decided to not tell his mother about the party, she would just ask questions and explain all the rules he had to follow like she did every time. 

Louis decided to wait until the family is asleep and then sneak out. He would take his mother’s car, since his car crashed and still was in the workshop, he didn’t plan to drink much so he would drive back home and would be home before his mother woke up. It was the perfect plan.

He stood up from his bed and peeked into the hallway. He saw that the whole house was dark and silent, so he got out of his room, and carefully closed his door and walked downstairs.

He walked into the living room, and grabbed his mum’s purse and burrowed in it, and got her car keys out of it, and put the purse back where he found it so his mum wouldn’t get suspicious. 

He sneaked through the front door, and closed it, trying not to make a sound and walked over to the car, unlocking it and got inside, and started the car. 

It took a while to drive to Niall's house since he lived outside of the down. His aunt was a farmer, so it was necessary to have space around the house. 

Louis parked his car in front of Niall's house, and locked the car and walked into the house, the front door was wide open. 

The house smelled like alcohol and sweat, and people were dancing to the sound of music, and the ground was covered in red cups, liquid leaked out of some, it looked like they got knocked over or someone let them fall.

Louis walked around the house, hoping to see a face he knew, he hoped for Niall, Zayn or Liam, but he also would be okay with Eleanor or Danielle. 

He walked into the kitchen. A half empty bottle of vodka was on the table, the cover lying next to it, so it someone just left the kitchen after drinking vodka, so the person must be drunk. 

Louis sighed and turned around and bounced into someone. "Sorry, I was in thoughts.", me muttered and tried to walk past the person as a hand on his shoulder stopped him. 

"Hey, where are you going, mate?", a thick Irish accent said and Louis' face light up as he turned around and hugged Niall. "I was searching for someone I know. Man, how many people are here? Do you know the entire school?" Niall laughed and shrugged while he poured himself vodka into a cup and mixed it with some coke before he drank it.

"It got around that I throw a party, I don't even know. But what's the matter? The atmosphere is like hell! You should grab a girl, they are hot tonight.", Niall said and winked at Louis before he walked out of the kitchen again, taking the bottle of vodka with him. 

That's going to be a long night, he said to himself as he got a beer out of the fridge, opened it and took a long sip before he walked out of the kitchen. A drunk girl, he knew her from math class, her name was Ashley, walked towards Louis and wrapped her arms around his shoulder and pressed her lips on his, before she let go and looked at him. "Hey handsome, wanna have some fun?", and winked. 

Louis shook his head and pushed her away gently. "Get sober, Ash.", before he walked away. "You're a philistine!", he heard her shout before the music got too loud. 

"Hey dude, there you are!", Zayn appeared and gave a drink to Louis. "Drink with me." Louis took the glass and shrugged. What could be bad about about a drink? It's just one. He drank it in one breath and enjoyed the taste of alcohol in his mouth.

That was the beginning of a memorable night.