Chapter 18 - "I'm not a mentalist, Louis."

FINALLY AN UPDATE! It's almost been a month... hehe sorry for that one :D Thank you for 20 Votes on the last chapter, I know it’s not that much but it’s for me! (: I love you guys, seriously!

This part is a bit about Larry, and I will reveal a bit of Harry in the next chapter! :3

~ Nadine xx

---

Niall and Laura were lying on the couch, Niall was cuddled into Laura’s arms and Laura was gently running her hand through Nialls her while both of them had their eyes glued on the TV in front of them.

“Niall?”, Laura spoke up, breaking the silence as she turned her eyes away from the TV, now looking at Niall who has been quiet the entire time, not saying a single word.

“Hmm?”, Niall responded without looking up. Laura sighed heavily. “You could have told me earlier, you know? I’ll never judge you, Niall, never…” She paused for a second.

“I know what you went through in your life, I’m aware of your story, and I’m aware of… well… I hope I am aware of almost everything going on in your life… you can trust me, fully trust me, remember than, okay?”

Niall bit his lower lip, blinking away upcoming tears. He slowly nodded, still not looking up.

He knew he could’ve talked to his aunt, he was aware of the fact that she’d always be there for him, but he didn’t want to talk to her.

He didn’t want her to worry about him, he felt like he wasn’t worth it.

He didn’t want her to take her to the doctors.

He simply didn’t want to waste her time.

“I could’ve helped you earlier.”

Niall sighed and finally looked up, his eyes meeting his aunt’s, blue staring into blue.

“No, you couldn’t.”, Niall gulped quietly, but Laura heard it and it made her raise her eyebrows. “Why not?”, she questioned, and Niall sighed deeply.

“Well…”, Niall started. “You can help me, like putting me on stronger medication and stuff, but you can’t really help me… like, the reasons of why I got worse. You can’t decide if I go back to Ireland or not, you can’t decide whether anyone will ever love me or not. You just can lower the symptoms, but you can’t get rid of the reasons.”

Laura looked at Niall, sadness was shimmering in her eyes, but she quickly looked away so Niall wouldn’t see it, he’d only feel guilty and that was one of the many things Laura was trying to avoid.

“You should have faith, Niall. Good things happen to good people, you know? It’s not even sure you have to go back to Ireland.”

Niall pushed himself away from his aunt and looked at her in disbelief. “This idea is fake, good things don’t happen to good people, life fucks you over no matter if you’re good or bad, and I know my life, I’m sure I will get send back to Ireland, it’s my biological father, which court wouldn’t give him the custody?”

With those words, Niall turned around and ran up the stairs and locked himself in his room. On the way to his bed he stopped at the mirror, looking at his reflection.

Niall used to the thing the worst feeling in the world was losing someone you love.

But he was wrong.

The worst feeling is the moment you realize you've lost yourself.

Niall wasn't who he was a few months ago.