VIII- Engagement, No engagement?

Chapter 8: Abhimanyu to call off the engagement!

.

Recap: Akshara is disappointed that Goenkas have talked about her alliance with Samarthya's grandparents without her consent. Arohi yells at her for stealing her thunder while Akshara gives it back. Later, she has a meltdown. Meanwhile, at Birla house, Abhimanyu reselects the rings as he doesn't want to give the ones he liked to Arohi. He is conflicted. Mahima gives Parth the laptop to see if he can spot anything fishy.

Next day, Arohi tricks Akhilesh into giving her money. She purchases jewelry with fake bills and pays for her seat. Shefali sees her getting faulty bills made and decides to look into it. Akshara meets Samarthya who notices she is sad and takes her to visit Naira's dance academy. Akshara breaks down in front of Naira's picture and vents her sorrow.

...............

DISCLAIMER: This chapter is all over the place. I think too much is happening. I could have broken it into two chapters but I put them together. Try to keep up :)

..................

That morning, Akshara did not know for how long she stayed in Naira's cabin.

Akshara: I am sorry Mumma! Kitna bore kr diya na maine apko....kbse sirf sad baaten kr rahi hoon...pr shyd pehli baar ki hai na...vo bhi bachpan se lekr ab tk ki baaten ikaatha hai.....(smiles and wipes are tears) ..pr promise...ab na mai itna build up nahi hone dungi....I should have known, mai akeli thodi hoon, aur koi ho na ho, aap toh ho mere saath... mujhe bohot pehle hi apse dard share krna seekh lena chahiye tha...

She spoke with Naira, truly feeling as if her mother was with her. Listening patiently and slowly healing her. After a while, she stood up.

Akshara: Accha mai chalti hoon maa....aaj Aru ki sagai hai...aapko toh pta hai na Sirat maa ne kbhi mujhme aur usme fark nahi kiya, kitna pyaar diya- to unki Aru ka saath nahi chod skti mai...pr I promise. Aaj jo khudka haath pakda hai na, vo bhi nahi chodungi...

She went outside and saw Samarthya sitting on the hood of his car talking to some kids from the academy. She felt grateful for such a friend as him. She went near him and was pleasantly surprised that he did not ask any questions, nor did he complain. Just gave her a warm smile and started driving her home. The ride home was silent, but peaceful as Akshara had not felt this light in a long, long time.

Samarthya: Here we are... Goenka house!

Akshara: Thank you...

Akshara's eyes conveyed that the thank you wasn't just for the ride, but for what he did today. What her so called family never did. Samarthya gave a shrug.

Samarthya: Haan thik hai...thank you ki koi zarurat nahi hai...bs ek treat udhar h....Accha ek second sun...I called you to the cafe to discuss something..

Akshara: right! Vo baat toh reh hi gayi thi..

Samarthya: Haan to mere Dadu ka phone aya tha..your dadu, jinhe tum badepapa bolti ho, unhone humare rishte ko pakka kiya hai...

Akshara: Ugh! I told him not to..

Samarthya: I am sorry if he went against what you wanted. What do you want to do now?

Akshara looked at him with wide eyes. What does she want? It had been a while since anyone asked her that question. She thought about this situation. Then she recalled Abhimanyu ignoring her letter and moving on with Arohi, her trying to be happy for them but facing her taunts, family constantly trying to fix her match. They were sweet to her yesterday after a long while only as they got excited about her alliance. Lastly, her mind zoomed down to Abhimanyu's upcoming wedding with Arohi and Arohi accusing her of still trying to steal him. In that moment, she decided.