XII- Let it go

Chapter 12: Free at last

.........

Recap: Akshara is rushed to the hospital. Anand sedates Abhimanyu as he is injured too and needs to rest. Akshara's doctors mention old injuries making Neil suspicious. Manish invites Birlas to Goenka house to stay as their house is in bad shape.

Samarthya tells Akshara the next day that he did not save her and it was Abhimanyu who did so. Abhimanyu sees them talking and leaves sadly without hearing what they were talking about. He tells Neil about the campfire's truth and the latter comforts him. Neil leaves and goes towards staffroom to look at the broken shredder when he overhears Arohi complaining to Akhilesh. He finds Arohi's bitterness weird and decides to know the whole story from Vansh.

Abhimanyu's eyes meet with Akshara's on the way to Goenkas house. Akshara thanks him silently and he understands that she knows the truth. He realizes Samarthya is a good man. At Goenka house, after the bland welcome of Akshara, Samarthya's grandparents come over to meet her. Harshvardhan and the rest are shocked to know his identity as a minister.

.................

Anand Birla poked his brother hard until he hissed. Harshavardhan hissed and looked at him.

Anand: (whispers) Close your mouth! And stop looking so shell shocked!

Harshvardhan: (whispers) Bhaisahab, can you fathom this? Health minister!! Of the country! I-..wow!

Anand: (whispers) Yes, but you don't have to act like this. Remain calm!

He gulped and became conscious of his open mouth. He closed it shut and looked at the man smiling while his wife spoke to a blushing Akshara. He then looked at Manish Goenka. 'This man had some serious contacts and I was unaware until now! But better late than never! I should try and start getting into his good books and form relations from my end', thought Harshvardhan.

Harshvardhan: You looked so familiar!! I know now. Great to meet you.

He smiled.

Manoj: Likewise...aap sb?

Manish: Ye humari choti beti hai na Arohi...(points at her) isse rishta hua hai inke bete ka. Dr. Abhimanyu Birla.

Neelam: Ye to bohot acchi baat hai...(to Arohi) Congratulations beta!...So kahan hai apka beta?

Harshvardhan: Bs yahin tha abhi, I guess he got a call. I heard Dr. Gupta has served as a doctor in his early days so apko toh pta hi hoga inka...

Neelam: Hahaha ji. Inka toh ab yaad bhi nahi. Itne saal hue politics join kiye inhe. Pr Doctors ka routine to nahi hota ye keh skti hoon, Humara Sam bhi to doctor hai.

This was news to Birlas and Arohi. She had thought Samarthya would be a business man or some educated professional. Maybe even an established artist but she had never thought him to be a doctor.

Anand: Oh great! What therapy?

Samarthya: I am a psychiatrist Sir!

Mahima: Interesting! Tell us more..

Samarthya: Nothing as such. I am passionate about the human mind and healing it. Mental health is really important and I love my job..

Manish: Arey he is just being humble!

Manish goes on to tell them how established he is as a doctor. He has his own hospital that is especially known for its psychology ward and that he is a trustee of many hospitals over Rajasthan and Uttrakhand.

Samarthya: (blushes) Not everything is on me uncle. Trustee to papa they aur jb mai bada hua toh dada ne mujhe nominate kr diya in place of him.

Harshvardhan: You must have proved your worth for it then! And (To Manoj) I get it, you must have been busy with other things. Might I add, this year we have some great policies I am really looking forward to-