XIV.II- Start again!

Chapter 14.2 : A fresh start

.

Akshara had stormed out. Regardless of how she voiced her thoughts, it looked like nobody wanted to listen to her. Like she was not important at all. She ran as soon as she got out. Reaching the only place she could think of, she knocked the house that was a few blocks away from Goenka House. The door opened and the person was shocked.

Samarthya: Shorty!! Itni subah subah? Mai tujhse milne aane wala tha thodi der me...ek second, your head wound looks..

Akshara cut him off by breaking down on the floor in front of him.

Samarthya: Akshara!!

He bent down. He frowned and held her shoulders. He guided her inside the house. His grandparents were sipping tea and got alarmed to see Akshara's state. Neelam asked the staff to get water and sat Akshara down next to her. She took her into her arms.

Samarthya: Shorty kya hua hai??? Dekh mujhse shaadi krne ki tension mt le...I told my grandparents everything..

Manoj: Haan mera baccha!! We love you..aur aaj se nahi tere bachpan se ....tu hai hi itni pyaari....Bahu na sahi pr beti humesha rahegi...koi zabardasti thodi hai....we proposed the idea, agey tum bacho ki marzi...

Akshara's sobs became more frequent. She was touched by the understanding and warmth Manoj radiated, something her own grandfather never gave her.

Neelam: I think koi aur baat hai..

She gestured Manoj and they left. Samarthya sat down in front of Akshara and held her hands. Sobbing, Akshara told him everything that went down at her house since he left last night. Samarthya's heart cried at Akshara's pain. He felt mad at the people of that house and how poorly they treated such a sweet person all her life.

Samarthya: Akshara, I won't say it's okay. Because it is not okay. Families should never treat like that...I am sorry you had to go through this...Mai past ka kuch nahi kr skta but know that I am here now...You can chose to break the bonds or repairs them...let go or hold on...I will stand by you..promise..

Akshara wiped the tears and smiled at him softly.

Samarthya: Breakfast kiya?

Akshara: sbki bakwas se pet bhar gaya tha mera..

Samarthya: tch tch....healthy khana tha na Shorty....chal..

He took her to the breakfast table and they had some toast, juice & fruits. Then, he guided Akshara to a guest room and asked her to rest. Akshara laid down and he covered her with the blanket.

Samarthya: Kuch chahiye ho to batana...

Akshara: Haan..

Samarthya started to leave..

Akshara: Vo-

Samarthya: Kya?

Akshara: Na-Nothing...Thanks...for everything...Sammy...

Samarthya's eyes widened and then gave her an award winning smile. He winked at her and gave her a mock salute before leaving.

.................

It was evening now. Things were tense at Goenka House. Kairav had blasted at everyone for stressing Akshara in that condition and creating such a pressure of her. Suhasini chided Manish for being hasty. Vansh and Kairav had searched everywhere for her. They returned home empty handed and were agitated. They feared the worst.

Elsewhere, Birlas except Harshvardhan were stressed as well. Some more than others. Neil was with Abhimanyu and they searched every possible place for Akshara. Abhimanyu got a call. His patient was critical. His moral duty collided with his heart. Parth promised to take over the hunt for Akshara and Neil took Abhimanyu to the hospital.