~•Epilogue•~

I found out some of you have exams while others too, were eager so I figured I'd publish sooner than later.

Enjoy! :)

....

There is some magic about twilight, the time when day and night kiss goodbye as darkness is about to take over the land of the living. It was in this magical hour that a majestic venue stood proud. It was decorated with a million flowers and lights. It was so bright that even the darkness couldn't dull the celebratory feel of the beautifully decorated palace. Music, food, dance and the happy bright smiles on everyone's faces only enhanced the festive vibe.

Suddenly, everyone grew silent and looked at the entrance. The only sound was the music. A girl entered down the hall. A large veil covering her face but her joy radiated from her body language. Everyone is mesmerized by her. She reaches the end of line and is welcomed with flowers. She lifts the veil and smiles.

The girl is Akshara! She looked angelic in a red and gold lehenga. The gathering started to whisper, they were all mesmerized by her beauty and innocent charm. A man approached her. He was wearing a crème and gold attire with a red safa. His face was not visible as he was walking towards her and his back was to the crowd.

He reached her and held out his hand. Akshara smiled shyly but held his hand. The man turned towards the crowd and the very soul drained out of Abhimanyu's body as he saw Samarthya Gupta stand next to the women he loved and wronged.

NOOO!!!!!

Abhimanyu woke up panting. His t-shirt was soaked. He turned to see his pillows and bedspread was drenched in sweat as well. He wiped his forehead and got down the bed. He threw away the t-shirt in a corner. It was a messy habit, something he recently developed. He flexed his muscles that felt stiff as he had been missing his workouts now.

He sat on his study table and held the bridge of his nose. So much had happened in the past one month! He opened the drawer and took out the letter that both soothed and pained him.

Dear Abhi,

I know I have hurt you a lot. Tilak ki raat se lekr ab tak jo kuch bhi hua, un sb ke liye I am very very sorry. I broke your heart by not speaking on the day of Tilak and then denying in front of your family. I am sorry. I am a coward Abhi. I really am! Mujhe samjh hi nahi aa raha kuch bhi. Mujhme to ye sb baaten tumhe face to face kehne ki himmat bhi nahi hai so I am writing you this letter. I don't know where to start from so I'll start from the beginning.

The mask festival where we met- it was special! We were special. Sirf tumhe hi vo connection feel nahi hua tha, mujhe bhi hua tha. Haan mai thodi slow hoon, mujhe samjh nahi aya pr accha laga tumse milkr. Ek alag si vibe thi. Pyaar tha ya nahi- sach kahun toh mai sure nahi thi tb. If I could have my way- toh mai tumhari dost banna chahti. Hum dono ko samjhne ka waqt chahti. Pr shyd kismat thodi fast forward more pr chali gayi.

I wish tumne mujhse khulkr poocha hota pr jb mujhe pta chala humare rishte ki baat chal rahi hai and tum mere liye rishta lekr aaye ho. I was the happiest I had been in all these years lekin vo khushi mujhe 5 minute se zyada naseeb nahi hui. Aru ne kaha rishta uske liye hai. Mai- mai confuse ho gayi. Maine socha ki tumne kabhi khulkr confess toh kiya nahi kabhi bhi, maybe I read too much. Mai tumhare pyaar ko tumhari politeness smjh baithi. I am sorry. Mujhe tumse baat krni chahiye thi. I really should have.

Phir tilak ka din. I can never forgive myself for hurting you so much. Believe me tumhara ek ek ansu mujhe bhi chubha tha. Vo ansu jo beh nahi paye pr tumhari ankho me dard ki tarah baithe they- unhone mujhe bohot hurt kiya. Pr mai samjh nahi paa rahi thi. Tumhe mana nahi kr skti thi aur haan bolkr apni behen ka dil nahi thodna chahti thi. Mujhe chup rehna sahi laga. Shyd wahi meri bhool thi.