IX- Blast at Birlas'

Chapter 9:  Unfortunate Occurrence

.

Recap: Akshara feels better after venting out her emotions in front of Naira's picture at the academy. Samarthya drops her home and Akshara asks him to come to the engagement function as she knows she'll feel broken that night. She goes home and sleeps. At Birla house, Abhimanyu is torn. Neil tries to talk to him but Abhi feels conflicted between what he wants and what his mother wants. He gets ready. Mahima asks Parth to hurry up the process of looking into the laptop. Parth accidently lands the recycle bin of the laptop. Anisha, Abhimanyu's cousin sister, arrives and they have a conversation. It is an eye opener for him. He sees guests arrive and decides to end the alliance before the engagement itself.

He has a conversation with Akshara who has not come and injures himself in anger. He still wants to call off the alliance but wants to inform Manjiri & Arohi first. He cannot find Manjiri. Shefali learns about a racquet and suspects Arohi got scammed as well. She shares this with Neil. Arohi also gets to know that she has been scammed and throws things in anger. Then, she composes herself and wants to focus on her engagement. Abhimanyu decides to talk to Arohi as he still cannot find Manjiri. He was about to tell her that he cannot marry her when Akshara enters with Samarthya. He hears Manish tell Harshvardhan that Samarthya is Akshara's suitor who they have accepted. Abhimanyu feels broken and shocked. He burns with jealousy.

.............

Manjiri Birla was sitting in the backyard of Birla Mansion. She had her hands covering her mouth as tried to muffle her cries. She, here, had heard the last bit of Anisha's conversation with Abhimanyu when she going to go to the temple to take the rings she put there earlier.

Flashback

Manjiri is going to take the rings but stops on her tracks as she noticed Anisha. She is happy to see Anisha who is like her own child and wants to go hug her but stops when she hears what Abhimanyu and her are talking about.

Anisha: Chachi meri mom jaisi nahi hai, haan thodi emotional hai lekin tujhse pyaar krti hai. Unhe jb pta chalega na ki tu ye shaadi sirf unki khushi ke liye kr raha hai, isme teri marzi nahi hai....to vo tujhe ye nahi krne dengi...aur Harsh Chachu se kahi baat ka kya hai? Tujhse kbse unse kiya vaade ki itni fikra hone lagi...don't pick anyone, pick yourself Abhi....

Manjiri felt the ground beneath her slip away as she staggered and rushed away before they could see her.

Flashback ends

Ever since her accidental eavesdropping, Manjiri was sitting grief stricken. Her insides were killing her while her conscious mocked her.

'Tu kehti hai na sbse acche se jaanti hai apne bete ko!! Itna hi jaanti hai!?

Manjiri gasped for breath as her tears choked her.

'Teri wajah se vo zabardasti shaadi krne jaa raha hai!! Kya chahti hai, teri jaisi ghutan bhaari zindagi ho jaye tere bete ki bhi??? Shyd tujhse bhi battar! Teri shaadi me km se km tujhe toh pyaar hai, tere bete ki shaadi me toh usse khud bhi pyaar nahi hai.!!!'

Manjiri got flashes of all those times Abhimanyu was sad but she shrugged it off. She recalled how he smiled around Akshara and told her that he loves her only.

'vo to maa-maa krta nahi thakta aur tu apne pati ki pasand ki bahu lane ki race me itni andhi ho gayi ki apne bete ko bhool hi gayi...'

Manjiri: Nahi...nahi ..nahi..

She sobbed heard as her inner voices mocked her hard. She should have waited! She had requested Akshara to help celebrate Abhimanyu's birthday and that girl did what no one could. Yes, Arohi did things for Abhimanyu and her husband thought she is the ideal choice but it is Abhimanyu who is marrying at the end of the way. She could have begged Akshara for the alliance. Obviously, she cannot force the sweet girl into marrying her son but atleast she could have tried.