X- Who saved Akshara?

Chapter 10: Who saved Akshara?

................

Recap: Akshara enters the venue with Samarthya. Abhimanyu fumes in jealousy and when he realises that Goenkas intend to fix Akshara's alliance with Samarthya, he gets shocked and sad. Akshara and Abhimanyu steal glances at each other while Arohi is mad to see attention on Akshara and thinks lowly of Samarthya as well. Neil crashes into her adding to her irritation. Manjiri has heard Abhimanyu-Anisha conversation and is feeling bad.

Abhimanyu leaves the venue feelings heartbroken. Parth tells him the truth about the campfire incident. Abhimanyu wants to go in when a blast is heard. Birla house is on fire. Everyone is safe but Akshara is stuck inside. Abhimanyu rushes inside paying no attention to anyone who wanted to stop him.

.................

Abhimanyu Birla ran inside the blazing venue. Only one name on his lips, mind and heart.

'Akshara!!'

He couldn't hear the cries of his mother or anyone else. It was like someone had hit the mute button on the world for him. No one could stop him from finding the other piece of his soul and bring her to safety.

'Akshara!!!!'

He yelled again. The house was on fire. There was a lot of decoration inside the hall for the party and that added to the list of materials that could burn. The large drapes, the flowers and cardboard wall frames- everything had caught fire. Abhimanyu coughed. He could hardly see anything in the smoke. He took in the sight and worried when he saw nothing moving but the flames.

'Akshuu!!! Kahan ho yrr...'

He yelled helplessly. He coughed again. Smoke was burning his chest.

Abhimanyu: Hey Mahadev! Akshu...Akshu ko kuch mt hone dena....

He had searched every corner of the house. He was running around like a mad man, like the world was ending and this was his last chance to save it. In a way it was- every minute Akshara spent in possible danger- his world was ending. While running, his foot got stuck on a half burnt leg of a table and he fell down. Smoke was rapidly filling his lungs. He coughed.

Abhimanyu: Akshu...kahan ho tum? Kahin tum mere dekhne se pehle bahar...???

He coughed again. His vision was getting blurry.

Abhimanyu: Yahan to nahi dikh rahi...shyd bahar hi ho...accha hai...tum...safe..accha hai

He said in a tired voice. Breathing was getting hard for him. He had more smoke inside him than he could take. He was lying on the floor on his back. Vision slightly blurry from the fumes that irritated his eyes, his lungs burning from inhaling the smoke and a possibly injured leg- yet he found solace in the thought that Akshara was probably safe. Out of nowhere, he saw the chandelier fall towards his face. The fire must have burned down its rope! He wiled himself and rolled out of death's way despite his protesting body. He heard the crash that horrified the people outside but he had no time to react as something left him horrified as well.

While rolling over, Abhimanyu did hit a lot of sharp pieces on the ground. Who knows what had been destroyed but it did scratch him at places. He had stopped rolling and landed on his stomach when his eyes fell on something across him on the ground. There had been large decorative backdrops made for pictures at the party. One of them seemed to have fallen down but what caught Abhimanyu attention was a tiny hand that stuck out from underneath it.

Abhimanyu: (fearful) Akshu!!..nahi...

Abhimanyu shut his eyes and opened it blinking hard. It took him a solid second to regain his vision. He glared hard at the hand then. He hoped in his heart that it was just his imagination playing with him. Then, the small diamond that hung from Akshara's musical note bracelet shined at him, as if confirming his fears.