Chapter 2

I woke up curled on my bed under a mountain of blankets, I rubbed my eyes and looked around wondering when I fell asleep

I woke up curled on my bed under a mountain of blankets, I rubbed my eyes and looked around wondering when I fell asleep. My phone laying on the floor caught my attention and all of yesterday's events came rushing back in a frenzy. Mum's departure, studying, getting hacked and that awful phone call. I rubbed my forehead as a headache was forming," But wait, by the looks of it I was asleep the whole night, peacefully at that. So maybe I immediately passed out from exhaustion and dreamt that whole weird hacker guy scenario. It wouldn't be the first time a dream was weird, but it definitely the most realistic." I said to myself out old.

I hopped out of bed with a smile on my, relieved that everything from yesterday was make believe. I had a relaxing bubble bath and did regular morning activities, afterwards I drained the water and wrapped my fluffy towel around myself. I walked back into my room and chose to wear a pair of faded blue skinny jeans and a warm white sweater and pair of socks to withstand the winter cold. I got my hair brush and went towards my mirror, I rain the brush through my waist length hair slowly working through the tangles and studying my appearance.

My appearance was pretty ordinary to me which caused a lot of insecurities to surface. I had hazel eyes just like my dad and my skin was slightly tan and a bit too oily for my liking. My button nose was red from the cold and my lips were dry reminding me to put some some lip balm on soon. When I finally brushed away all the knots, I tied a loose ponytail  and combed my bangs that stopped just before my eyes neatly.

I slowly left my room, finally letting it sit in that I was going to live by myself for a very long time now. A slow smile crept on my face 'Sure it's a lot that mum is gone but I've let it sink and I will miss her but being independent might actually be cool'

I walked downstairs and headed straight to the kitchen making a bowl of lucky charms to calm my growling stomach. I took my breakfast and got comfy on my couch, deciding to watch an episode of Demon Slayer before the school bus arrived.

By the time I finished eating, watching TV and packing my bag, I heard the bus making me quickly grab my bag and slide my converse on and rush out the door. Not before locking the door of course. I sat at the front of the bus in my usual seat by the window, with a book to keep me occupied. When we arrived at school I waited for everyone to jump off before leaving. 

I walked into school looking at shoes to avoid eye contact with anyone because it gets really awkward for me. I walked to my locker swapping out my books when a pair of hands covered my eyes making me grin. "Guess who?" said my best friend, Ashleigh who was trying to be mysterious...again. "Come on Ash we both know it's you" I replied while rolling my eyes even though she couldn't see that. 

She took her hands off my eyes and turned me around with a disappointed look but still hugged me, giving me an earful on how she never gets to win this game. I just shook my head as we parted for our respective classes, my first lesson was biology which was definitely a great way to start the day. I walked to classroom and as usual I was first and chose to sit at the front. I placed my bag on the seat next to me knowing that it would it would stay empty.

Now before you make assumptions like 'Oh is she a bully and scares people away' or 'Does she have some sort of contagious disease' let me explain. And to answer those questions no I definitely don't scare people away, I don't have it in me and I'm pretty sure there is nothing relatively menacing about me. And no my health is definitely A Okay. To explain the situation I'm not that sociable and I usually will not talk to a person unless they start talking first, so that makes Ashleigh my only friend. 

As I took out my stationary the classroom started filling up and our teacher, Mr. Singh entered with two figures following behind him. He clapped his his hands to get everyone's attention," Good morning class can I have your attention, we have two new students joining us today. Meet Griffin and Silas Harrison , they've both just transferred so I really hope you all will do your best to welcome them here" he announced while stepping aside so everyone could see the new boys.

I slowly looked up to study their appearances and I definitely was not expecting to see a pair of very attractive twins standing there. I'm not even joking these two look like they're supermodels; their jaws were absolutely sharp and you could tell they were a little muscular even though they're just teenagers. They both had the same brown hair and emerald green eyes and there were no noticeable differences between them. The only way to differentiate between them was their clothes, The one on the right wore a grey hoodie and a pair of jeans while the other one wore a coat and a kind of formal pants. I didn't realize I had zone out until I saw both of them staring at me which was weird. 'Oh god don't tell me they caught me staring at them, that'd be so embarrassing'

I blinked twice and looked at my notebook pretending that the process of mitosis was more interesting that looking at them. "Okay boys it looks like there's two free seats behind Luna, how about you settle yourselves there? Luna raise your hand so they know where to sit" Mr. Singh said loudly making me sigh and slowly raise my hand as everyone started staring at me. 'Why can't they look at their books or each other this feels weird'

Silas and Griffin both came towards me, but instead of both of them taking a seat behind me they stood there staring at each other as if having a silent conversation, I don't know what they were doing but eventually one of them sat behind me and the other placed my bag on my desk and sat next to me. I looked at him with my eyebrows furrowed and asked," I don't mean to be rude or anything but you do realize that sir said you both were supposed to sit behind me? Plus I do think that seating arrangement would be pleasing since you're brothers and would want to be close to one another."

He raised an eyebrow and looked over at his brother before replying," Yes I know that's what he said but I chose to sit here besides I live with my brother, how much closer should we be? Besides he isn't that far away and doesn't mind sitting alone, right Silas?" 

'Oh so hoodie boy is is Griffin and the other is Silas, Duly noted'

I looked back at Silas to see him glaring at his brother with annoyance while who can only be Griffin was just smiling. 'These two are weird' Class went by normally except for the feeling of people staring at me, and to top off the twins were staring too. I'm not even exaggerating, every time I looked at one of them I'd catch them staring and they would just continue doing without breaking eye contact. Obviously I'd blush each time and it was infuriating that they seemed amused by my reaction to them.

I doodled away in my notebook as I couldn't shake the feeling that something was going to happen and that Griffin's voice was oddly familiar to me.