Chapter 3

After class I quickly packed my bag and rushed out of the classroom desperate to escape the stares of practically everyone

After class I quickly packed my bag and rushed out of the classroom desperate to escape the stares of practically everyone. I wandered through the school halls to my next class when I heard footsteps from behind me, I turned around and was surprised to see that it was the twins. I stopped and asked," Do you guys need help finding your classroom?" while taking a few steps towards them. They shook their heads and Silas stepped forward showing me a schedule. I looked at it and was surprised that it was the same as mine. "Whose schedule is it?" I asked genuinely curious about which one of them had so much in common with me. 

"It's both of ours" they replied together making my mouth form an o shape. 'They both chose the exact same classes...they take twinning to a whole new level' I slowly nodded while handing back their schedule back and gesturing for them to follow me. We walked in silence to the classroom and when we entered whispers began surfacing throughout the class making me look down and head to my seat next to Ashleigh, who looked curious herself but decided not to ask out out but to rather send notes. The notes consisted of her wanting to know if something was going on and me flat out denying it which she obviously didn't believe. The next few periods continued with the twins and I walking to each class together and them gathering attention wherever they went.

 Finally the bell rang signaling that it was lunch time and I headed outside and sat under the tree which was mine and Ashleigh's usual lunch meet up.

Ashleigh appeared a few minutes later holding a burrito and a soda, " Man, you should've seen how packed the cafeteria was. It was a total traffic jam there but you know what was more entertaining?" she asked eagerly. I just hummed while eating my cheese toast urging her to continue, "Almost everyone was drooling over those new guys, you know the ones you refuse to tell me anything about even though there's obviously something going on." she huffed while sipping her soda. I almost choked on the piece I was chewing and glared at her while coughing. "I told you, there is absolutely nothing going on between us. Why won't you just believe me?" I asked while rubbing my forehead.

"Well for one, you hardly talk anyone in school and I'm pretty sure they're the first boys you've spoken to and secondly they aren't ordinary guys they're Vampire diaries hot kinda guys, so forgive me for being curious when these hot new guys take an interest in my usually antisocial best friend." she said while crossing her arms and looking at me expectantly. I lightly pushed her and said," Don't get ahead of yourself Cupid, the only reason they were walking with me is because they have the same classes as me."

"They both have the same classes as you?" she asked confused. I nodded and continued eating while she still looked deep in thought. "Isn't it a bit weird that they both have the exact same schedule as you? Oh snap this definitely proves it!" she squealed while jumping around me. I shook my head and made her sit back down while asking," What on earth are you going on about like that?"

"Well my dear Luna, I just realized that even fate in pushing you and the twins together. Whoever is in charge of destiny probably realized that you've been way too deprived of male contact so they sent you two perfectly sculpted specimens." she giggled while wiggling her eyebrows.

"Ashleigh! stop thinking of weird theories, nothing is going to happen. Besides they know where the classes are now so we probably won't even interact much." I said trying to convince her to drop the topic.

She side hugged me and said," I'm sorry, I'll stop but you have to agree that my fate theory is a lot better than thinking that they're weird stalkers who're obsessed with you and chose the same classes as you just to be close by and watch you."

I rolled my eyes and tried to act like her words didn't cause an unsettling feeling in my stomach. "Haha very funny, but what about you? Anyone I should know about?" I asked changing the topic. She looked down and whispered," No and you know that even if there was, I wouldn't be able to do anything besides hide my feelings." 

I did know how it it was for her, you see Ashleigh isn't attracted to guys at all. She never has been and she's come to terms with it after a long time of trying to deny those thoughts and feelings. I'm the only one who knows about her secret and if you're wondering why it's a secret, I'm getting to that part. Well you see our town is full of people who talk and can make you awful if you don't exactly fit their criteria and Ashleigh and her mum know first hand how bad it is.

When Ashleigh was around eight years old her dad abandoned her and her mum for a younger women and never even gave it a second thought. The worst part is that her mum, Carla was pregnant but due to the stress of it all and people ridiculing her and talking behind her back she had a miscarriage. It took a lot for her to recover from that and luckily she and my mum met. My mum knew first hand how difficult being a single parent was and even though my dad didn't choose to leave us my mum went through a lot of hardships.

The two of them quickly became friends and slowly but surely Carla recovered and even though I'm sure there are times she feels depressed, it's a huge improvement from what she used to be and besides nobody can truly heal from an ordeal like that. The friendship between my mum and Carla is also how Ashleigh and I were introduced. My mum brought her home whenever Carla wasn't feeling like herself and somehow both of us clicked and became glued to one another. 

So you see Ashleigh doesn't want her mum to suffer anymore and feels like if she comes out she and her mother will only experience backlash from our community. I understand where she's coming from but as her friend I do wish she'd be honest with her mum at least so the burden of keeping her feelings is lifted a little.

"Well you know I'm always here for you and no secrets between us." I said hugging her tightly. She quickly wrapped her arms around me in a silent thank you. The bell rang making us pull away and head back into the school building. "You know I don't know what I'd do without you but also know that without me you'd be lost." she laughed lightly while heading to her class. I laughed with her and then turned to walk in the opposite direction but walked into what felt like a wall of muscle and fell onto my butt. 'Ouch that definitely hurt badly but that's what I get for not watching where I'm walking'

I looked up and there in all his glory was Griffin looking down with concern all over his face, he kneeled down and hurriedly spoke," God Luna, I'm so sorry I guess I didn't see you there. Are you okay or did you get hurt anywhere? Damn now I get why Silas calls me blind sometimes."

That last sentence caused me to laugh a little surprising Griffin but what surprised me was the huge grin he had on his face. "You're cute when you laugh Luna." he said while tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. He was so close to me now that I had a chance to admire how bright his eyes were, we stayed like that just staring until we heard someone clearing their throat.

I turned around scared that it was teacher but instead it was Silas, leaning against the lockers just watching. "Griffin back the hell off and let's get to class." he said and stalked away and I think I noticed his fists clenched but I'm not sure. Griffin glared at his brother's back before helping me up and rushing to catch up to him. I stood there just staring at their retreating figures before following them and hoping that I don't get into too much trouble for being late. 'Wait both of them seem to know exactly where they're going so why did they act like they had no clue how to get to any of their classes. Did they lie? and if so why would they do that?'

Today has definitely been full of surprises...