Bonus Chapter

25 February 2011

The sun was at its highest point in the perfect blue, cloudless sky as not a single breeze greeted the children running around the playground that day. Two boys in particular sat in a sand pit pretending to dig up dinosaur bones. "Alright Silas now lay in the sand so I can pretend to dig you up." said Griffin while pushing his brother onto the sand. Silas in turn, crossed his arms and frowned, "I'm not doing that! the sand is really itchy, why don't you pretend to be the T-rex?!" he yelled frustrated at his brother.

Griffin sighed and gestured to his shirt, "I'm the one with the explorer shirt dummy so I have to find the bones." he said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. At his answer Silas stomped his foot and yelled, "I'm not the dummy! You are, Griffin! You couldn't even see that we're wearing the exact same clothes." Griffin looked at his and his brother's clothes once again as his ears turned red but refusing to back down he started yelling incoherently with his brother soon following.

After hearing all the commotion coming from the sand pit a tall man who resembled the twins in every way came over. "What is going on here you two?! I look away for five minutes and this is what you get up to?" asked their father while trying to pull apart the screaming boys. "He started it dad, he pushed me in the sand and then called me dummy." said Silas while pointing to his brother. "Its not my fault! We were playing explorers and he didn't wanted to be the dinosaur." Griffin fired back.

Seeing that he wasn't going to get a proper explanation from his sons he sighed and suggested," How about you two play a game that both of you like. Because if I hear another peep from you two, we're going straight home."

After listening intently the both lowered their heads and nodded. "Maybe we could play the 'which one is Silas' game?" asked Griffin, hoping to lift his brother's mood. This was a game that their cousin had taught them to play saying its from her favorite anime but the twins weren't allowed to see it. Hearing this Silas brightened and pulled his brother while running towards the other children. Contrary to his children's excitement, Austin cringed while thinking of the outcome, sometimes his children laughed when people got the answers wrong but when they were alone he could see it depressed them a little.

The boys however were oblivious to their father's worries and ran eagerly towards the children, some being kids they went to school with others kids who lived close to them. They went up to a group of four children from their classes and nodded before simultaneously saying," Everybody let's play a game. Which of you is smart enough to tell which one of us is Silas." while switching sides and then doing a dramatic pose that captured everyone's attention. 

Each child's eyes darted from left to right and top to bottom trying to find a difference between them. After a few minutes of this a little girl named Lily with blonde pigtails stepped forward and pointed saying," You're Silas." This made the twins grin and yell, " Wrong!"

The process of the twins switching up and kids guessing wrong continued until a particular boy from a grade above them said," How are we supposed to tell you guys apart when there isn't a single difference between you two. It just looks like you're clones. Its freaky." and walked away with the other children nodding and following him. With little hands clenched and their eyes closing as tears gathered, Griffin and Silas stood glued to that spot not making a single sound.

"Don't cry." said a little voice as they felt a soft pat on their heads making them open their eyes and lock eyes with a girl almost a head shorter than them. She had a small smile on her face as she tried to act the way her mother did when she was sad, she wore a bright blue dress and had her hair tied back with a matching blue bow.

The twins faces turned red in embarrassment and the both moved away from the concerned girl in front of them. She pulled back her hand slowly and tilted her head while saying, " I don't know how that boy couldn't see it, maybe he was just trying to be a meanie." She pointed towards Griffin and continued," You have a beauty spot right under your eye while brother has one under his lip also you speak a lot faster and smile more while he gives short answers and barely smiles."

She let out a slight laugh and added," Also you have more sand on your pants and in your hair Silas."

The boys felt as though the wind was knocked out of them and by now they greatly resembled tomatoes. "H-how d-did you notice that?" asked a star struck Griffin while his brother busied himself with getting rid of the sand on his body. She put her hand under her chin as though she was thinking intently and answered, "Well my best friend isn't here so I had nobody to play with and I've discovered that people watching is really fun. And I've never seen twins before so you both were very interesting as mum says."

They stared at her in astonishment, all traces of their former sadness leaving them. "Do you want to play with us." they said unexpectedly at the same time leaving them to look at each other with raised eyebrows. She smiled and nodded," How about the swings, there are three seats. One for each of us,"

They agreed and walked towards the swings when Silas decided to ask, " What's your name?" She turned towards him and replied," Luna." 

"Its pretty...like you." said Griffon softly. Luna blushed and said," Well my dad always thought the moon was pretty and he said that when he held me he found something prettier." The boys listened to each of her words carefully before Silas said," Well I think he was right."

"Hmm personally I think kittens look a lot better and they're fluffy and adorable." she said while cupping her cheeks as she thought of kittens. The twins stared at her as she got onto the swing and continued smiling at them, her warmth something they had only ever felt from their parents.

And while playing with her that day they both thought the exact same thing 'You're definitely special Luna'