14. Through the math to the heart

AZZAD POV.

Last week everyone had a math exam, I was learning whole week for it and I hope to FINALLY get atleast a D, let's just say I was never good at maths but I still managed to pass to the next class, something I can't tell about my situation right now. Today is a day the teacher gives back the exams and instead worrying about the grade I was starring at Rani, untill I heard my math teacher calling my name.

Math Teacher: Azzad.

I looked up and saw a look I knew too well.

Math Teacher: Again F. Azzad, if this won't change you might not be promoted to next class. - she said placing the exam on my table.

Azzad: I know. - I said taking the exam in my hands.

Math Teacher: Tomorrow you will come here and write the exam once again. - she said returning to her desk.

Azzad: Can't I write it some other time?

Math Teacher: Azzad as I said, it's not the first time you get a F. Also, you still have 4 exams to write.

Azzad: Alright, I'll come.

After lessons me and the boys were in the hall playing basketball.

Yun Mibu: Again? I thought you understand that.

Azzad: Me too, but I was wrong. Hey, Ono! Can you help?

Ono: Sorry, but I'm busy with my project for biology.

Azzad: Of course. Dude, you don't even have to study anymore with all those projects.

Baliyo: Wait, my sis got an A from that exam. Maybe she can help.

Azzad: You sure?

Baliyo: You want to make it to the next grade or not?

Azzad: Of course I want to, but you know that...

Baliyo: You have a crush on my sister, I know. And I'm fine with this.

Azzad: Really?

Baliyo: Yes, besides it's not like I can tell her who she can date or who she can't.

After the game I grabbed my backpack and went to Rani's room, I knocked on the door and was greeted by a pair of brown chocolate eyes.

Azzad: Hey Rani, can I come in?

Rani: Sure Azzad, come in.

RANI POV.

I was suprised to see Azzad at my door, but I wasn't going to chase him away.

Rani: So what brings you here Azzad?

Azzad: Well, I heard that you have gotten an A from last math, right?

Rani: That's true.

Azzad: You see, I wasn't that lucky... for the fifth time.

Rani: Fifth time?

Azzad: Yeah, I'm not very good at math and failed a few exams, also tomorrow I'm writing todays exam. Could you help me understand it?

Not gonna lie I was hoping to spend some time with Azzad and now I had a reason for it.

Rani: Sure.

Azzad: Really? Like... right now?

Rani: You want to have peace or not?

Without saying a word both of them sat at her desk with Azzad pulling out his books.

1 HOUR LATER

Rani: So, everything clear?

Azzad: Yeah, even more than before.

Rani: Good. Also one more thing. - I said before hugging him.

Rani: Thanks for coming over.

Azzad: You're welcome.

2 DAYS LATER

AZZAD POV.

Yesterday I wrote my exam again hoping to get better grade. Today before the lesson started the teacher told me to stay in the class after the lesson, so here I am.

Teacher: Azzad.

Azzad: Let me guess, F again.

I sighed accepting the fact that I will repeat the class, suprisingly the teacher just smiled at me.

Teacher: My congratulations, you got a D. - she said as she handed me the exam.

My eyes were as wide as earth, I couldn't believe I finally got a good grade.

Teacher: Don't get too excited, you still have few exams to write.

Azzad: O-of course. I will write them as soon as possible.

After the talk I grabbed my phone and wrote a message to Rani.

RANI POV.

I was with the girls when my phone vibrated.

Zuri: Who's this?

Rani: Azzad, it says "Meet me at the entrance to the garden at 5 PM".

Kiara: Someone is going on a date tonight. - she sang.

At 5 pm I was waiting for Azzad at the entrance to the garden, when he showed up he was carrying a blanket and his backpack.

Azzad: Glad you showed up.

Rani: Like I would have anything else to do.

We entered the garden and Azzad unrolled the blanket on the grass, then he patted a place next to him for me to sit.

Rani: So Romeo? What did you had in mind when you invited me?

Azzad: Well, since you seem to enjoy tutoring me yesterday, and I have few more grades to fix, I was wondering if we can continue? - he said while pulling out his books.

I could feel his awkwardness when he said that, Azzad wasn't a type of guy who woukd ask a girl out only to learn math. There was only one thing I could say right now, I smiled warmly and said...

Rani: I would like that.

And that's how we've spent the rest of the day.