III

" A mercenary soldier, age twenty-eight, served in the ROKA for more than eight years; he left the Korean army as a major, and to increase his profit, he became what I mentioned before, mercenary."

"What's his fuel? I need to know his weak point; it will be easier that way."

"His son"

"I'm listening, Oppa."

"The man got married at twenty-four, he had a family, he was happy to say the less, but, you know, life has some cruel ways sometimes; he lost his wife in a car accident, doctors were barely able to save the unborn child. However, the son came out being unhealthy from his mom's womb due to cardiac deficiency, the illness requires money, the child is constantly hospitalized, and that's our pressure point."

" I see, good enough for a motive; you met him?"

" My man did; we followed his steps closely; I have more than enough details about his daily activities for the meeting; I think it will be better for both of us to attend it; you know me, I don't like drama, listening to his stories from Jimin already made me feel depressed, I'm sorry, but I won't meet him without you."

The echo of the loud music was loud enough to feel its vibration in the walls; although she was used to that kind of lifestyle, tonight was a bit different, she was tired, and her mind was disturbed, to put it mildly.

Listening to Seokjin's explanation about the details of the lad made her realize once more how much money can be a source of power; However, she grew up learning that sad truth, learning about another person's struggles due to their meager income wasn't a pleasurable tale to listen to, not in her current mood.

Pity, she felt.

However, she knew that some people are only tamed once their pressure points are brought to light, a selfish and sad way of thinking, but it was a real one that shouldn't oversee.

Profit came first, always.

"Arrange a date, Oppa; I don't want to make our VIPS wait for more, everyone is already excited about the event, not to mention Jeguk Group already found the one, and we cannot lose the bait, not this time."

The girls next to Seokjin were driving his attention away, continuously touching his thighs. His chest was exposed to the half thanks to their fast hands that opened his shirt, not to mention the continuous attempt to crush their lips on his, which was, at a certain point, sitting on her nerves; she needed his total concentration. Still, their quick escorts wanted that attention for their selves.

They couldn't be blamed, though; he had the looks and the power, a filthy rich man with a model-like figure and fantastic taste in fashion; such an exquisite catch came only once in a time; they needed to make sure to be the ones warming up his bed tonight.

Katarina's patience, though, was running out. However, she didn't want to take it on her Oppa, to which she bored respect and brotherhood kind of feelings; she decided to maintain her usual collected demeanor while still expressing the lack of satisfaction and disappointment in her employees couldn't as it seemed to differentiate between tough talks and fun time.

Shoving her hand into her purse, she reached for her phone, dialed the site manager's number, and requested his presence in the room quickly.

" What's with the lousy recruitment Mr. Kwon? I expected better from you; I won't speak further; I think you got my stance just right, haven't you?"

" My apologies Miss Park; I will take necessary measures."

Seokjin mused at the scene taking place in front of his eyes; laying back his head on the headrest of the leather couch; he watched with interest the robust character of Katarina; he always admired her, in fact, at a point in his life, he loved her, if not for the marriage that took place with Min-ho he could have made his move toward her.