XII

"Please don't I'm begging you"

"I gauged you for a wise girl, turned out your just a stupid little teenage, you really thought your acts will go unseen, I have you in the palm of my hand Katarina, just watch and remember, that stupid defiance of yours led the guy to his grave"

"I'm begging you mom, he did nothing it was all my fault, it was me who loved him, it was a one sided love, he never reciprocated, please let him go"

"Too late Katarina, this is my second gift for you, so you can see the world differently, so you can grow wiser, and stronger"

Katarina regretted every single step she took toward the man, in the end, her mom was right, the fact that she approached him, brought doom over his head, but the girl wasn't to blame, she was in love, like every girl her age, she never imagined her feelings are going to bring death to someone, a cruel one at that.

Running behind the car under the falling snow, without even taking a breath, sweat beads rolling down her front, she couldn't afford the luxury to catch her breaths, she had to stop her mom. She found her self in front of a warehouse, she recognised the place immediately, as the latter was one of their properties, the nearest one to their house, Katarina made her way inside, barely breathing from all the panting, she saw her mom setting in front of the man who was almost dying from the torture he underwent, his face covered in crimson, blood coming out from his mouth, he was too close to loose his senses, if not for the man near to him, who thrown a full bucket of water on the lad, making him hiss in pain at the impact, awakening his senses again only to suffer more.

Katarina rushed to the guy, cupping his face between her cold hands, tears flowing down her face, the sight was horrendous, and knowing that she was the reason behind his miserable state, made her instance even worst.

" I told you, I will let you witness his end, there was no need for you to run over here, the guard could have brought you here in the car, it could have been faster Katarina"

"Please mom, I will follow all your orders, I will never think about hiding anything from you, but you need to let him go first, please mom"

" You don't give me orders Katarina, neither we are here to make deals, so you can keep your negotiation for yourself honey, as per my orders, you will follow them like the good girl you are, and hiding honey, you can't hide anything from me, this situation is the biggest proof"

Katarina knew at that instant, that nothing could change her mother's mind, not even the stunt she was thinking to pull in front of the latter, when she took the gun from the guard next to her, pointing it to her head, attempting to scare the older woman, or to gain her pity so she can save the man that was getting tortured.

"Let him go, or I will kill myself right in front of your eyes"

"Tie her, if needed, you can lie your hands on her"

The man followed the orders, his fast hands swiftly grabbed the gun from Katarina's hand, with a tight rope, he tied the girl that was trying her best to escape from his tall and muscled figure on a chair, giving her no chance to move around or to disturb their ongoing plan, the young lady had no choice beside sobbing her heart content, while witnessing the horrendous scene in front of her eyes.

"Im still not done with you Katarina, I suggest you keep your tears for later"