IV

The eighteenth birthday is a turning point in our lives, so it was considered, at least in many countries and many cultures, when a person can get complete control of their lives, being its decisions that could quickly turn out to be completely wrong, or just simply, freedom redeemed rightful and necessary.

A beautiful morning in the busy capital of Russia, Moskva, commonly known as Moscow, it was a cold November morning, and the city was almost covered in snow. Still, the weather condition didn't stop the flow of tourism seeking a beautiful escape in the artistic city to enjoy its majestical squares and its historical monuments; a beautiful city indeed.

Watching from the window facing the big runaway and garden, only to see how many leaves were fully covered in snow, sparing only those hidden under the pavilions, her eyes roamed around in an almost irritated countenance, it was her birthday, and so she wished the weather could at least spare that day for her, to enjoy it outside with her friends, and her crush, Hain.

But, the weather had its final decision, for her to stay put, to accept spending yet another day, a special one at that, with her parents, that were always busy to celebrate with her.

The smell of the Smittanik reached her senses; she was simple; she loved sweets, and that scent alone could draw a beautiful smile on her plump lips, turning her irritation into happiness.

Youth indeed.

Leading her way to the kitchen, where Miss Anya was creating different masterpieces, one of them her favorite Smittanik; her smile grew bigger seeing the Sirniki lay on the beautifully decorated plate on the marble counter, it was her day, and Miss Anya knew precisely how to make it the best.

While stealing from the food on the kitchen's counter, and exchanging a few jokes with the maids, her mother, Julia, called out for her; at first, she was shocked to see her mother at home that early in the day; it was almost impossible to meet with her before midnight, while at times, she couldn't meet her for days.

It seemed like Julia had something for her daughter or maybe, wanted to be with her on such a special day.

The younger woman entered the office of her mom while still trying to clean her mouth from the remnants of food she devoured a while ago; to her shock, though, her mother was being extra lenient with her, marking a difference from her usual demeanor at her child's immature behavior, she was being strict when it came to educating her daughter, she wanted to make out of her a refined woman, a woman that could lead an empire after her.

To her second surprise of the day, there was a bottle of handmade Vodka her family used to make and two glasses sitting around it; her mom motioned her to take a seat in the brown leather chair the opposite of the office,

" You know what is required from you, Katarina? Perseverance, that's all, don't disappoint me; it's an order."

" Yes, mom, I will become the person you're dreaming of; I promise."

Julia smirked slightly, looking at the fear inside her child's eyes; she knew it would take her just a stern voice to carve her stance in the child's brain; she had such an impact on her.

Grabbing the bottle handy, she poured the potent liquid into the glass that was near her daughter, motioning to her in an ordering countenance to drink it; watching the girl following the orders gave joy to Julia; however, that joy lived shortly when she saw the face the latter did while gulping the drink, she didn't like it at all, she looked frail, not at all as she was supposed to be.

"Drink it at once."

She ordered in a firm tone, and the girl failed her again.

She poured again and again until she got her desired result, she tamed her, and the young woman had no options but to follow.