IX

" Not some superficial details, I need the full version"

" First round, human, same weight range, same built, the second one, a tiger."

He wanted the truth badly, that he stopped cherishing the present, the luxury he was now cuddled in, only made him forget the nights he spent with an empty stomach, he seems to have forgotten the risks he took to bring some few pennies to the counter of the customer's relation in the hospital, after being called numerous times, and threatened to let the child out of the hospital in case the bills are not paid within a certain date limit which he never met, he forgot how he let go of his job, that he loved dearly, only because he couldn't live with the salary the latter provided, he thrown his principles at the wall, giving up on his honor, only to gain few dollars more from the undignified path he took, breaking the vows he once swore to protect, when he first wore the uniform, a uniform he wore with great pride, a uniform that held the flag of his country which he ended up betraying.

What a shame.

He should be thankful that such an opportunity came to his feet, and not someone else, he should be thankful for her generosity, he should accept the risk, for a better future, for his son, a future with or without him in it.

However, that could only be possible in case the risk was still within a certain range, but, whatever she was proposing was definitely not within that limit, its definitely something out of reality, something unexplainable, a harsh reality, and a deep power trip, she abused his state, the deal she was proposing was death, a-very inhuman and grotesque one.

His life was a mess and that is a fact, however, he never thought the world would be so cruel to him the way it unfolded, in the end, the only things he wanted were so simple, and were certainly considered normal boring lifestyle for some, but he yearned for that normality, for that boredom, he wanted to be happy with his son, without thinking much about an unclear tomorrow, he wished if he only could have some simple problems facing him, such as being called from the school in case his son misbehaved, or, passing a bad day at work, coming back home nagging about that, or being troubled by the housework loads he needed to take care of.

But that wasn't his case.

" Why me? What you saw in me to land your eyes upon?"

" You need things I can provide, whilst I need you, simple, win-win"

It was his fate from which he couldn't escape, he should just accept it at once, revealing its upcoming events slowly with time, he should stop fighting it as it will only tire him at a certain point, he should've understood that by now.

" I wanna good training for the second match, the first one I'm positive about it"

" You will, instructors will visit soon, choose the one you're comfortable with, for the opponent, I have one at home, which I'm more than ready to sacrifice for you"

" You seem certain, already talking about sacrifice"

Katarina mused at his expression, in the end, she had big faith in him, a faith he didn't seem to have in himself even, but how could she tell him, how could she convince him, if she was unaware of the source of that trust she had on him, if only Seokjin witnessed her comportment, he would have been enraged to say the less.

But she needed to have faith, he needed to win now more than before, he should stay alive, it wasn't a request anymore, it was an order, an order not at all related to business, but more to feel.

Standing up from her seat, grabbing a cigarette from the table separating their figure, lighting the latter while taking a confident step toward Jungkook, who pushed his seat back anticipating her arrival, leaning his back to the cross-rail, legs spread luring her to sit in his lap, which she wanted badly, he was a huge temptation to her, a beautiful infatuation she needed to avoid.

GLADIATOR (under heavy editing)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें