VI

After hearing the good news from Taehyung, Katarina couldn't hide the beautiful smirk on her lips; it could even be considered a smile, a smile she should have hidden, and she knew it.

From herself first, and also Seokjin.

" Good news, it seems?"

" Indeed"

Seokjin had started doubting her comportment, the way she insisted on Jungkook, although he could have found a replacement for him at once. Something started smelling fishy to him, without a doubt.

" Jungkook?"

" Taehyung found him; it will be a matter of time before he surrenders."

Grabbing her phone handy, she faced the big glass wall facing the view of the city; she dialed the number of someone she trusted, between the few she had.

" Namjoon-ssi, I hope I'm not disturbing you this early morning."

"Not at all, Katarina-ssi; how can I be useful?"

" I will send you a patient; I would like him to be placed in the VIP ward; he is someone important. Jimin-ssi will send you his chart before the expected arrival."

Kim Namjoon is no one but Kim Seokjin's younger sibling; he is the chairman of the Kim Foundation and the CEO of the Asan Medical center, which belongs to the Kim family.

Namjoon is the only one in the family who has opted to specialize in a domain far from business, medicine. However, that didn't last long; after finishing his residence-ship, with the knowledge he gained in the medical field, his father appointed him as the CEO of their medical center; honestly speaking, ever since he joined the business, the latter flourished. The hospital started getting the recognition and the merit it deserved.

Business spirit runs in the family, indeed.

"Why Namjoon, who will be sent there? Hold on, don't tell me..!"

" Your guess is right, oppa; I must leave now; I have a meeting."

Albeit Seokjin was well aware that Jungkook was a big catch, he was still unable to understand Katarina's obsession with the mentioned man; her thoughts and plans started all getting projected toward him, which annoyed Seokjin a big deal.

Katarina led her way to the car urging; she was supposed to meet with Taehyung, who was about to provide her with details regarding the disappearance of Jungkook, crucial information for her, of course, so she could decide the weight of the punishment she would be raining over damned man.

However, the plan didn't go as smoothly as it was expected, not when the leading planner and the tactical figure got involved in a traffic accident, which was not like her at all; she was an experienced driver, and she even opted to drive herself every day without leaning on a driver, no matter the occasion, despite formal ones of course.

The accident wasn't a small one either; in fact, while she almost reached the rendezvous place and while she was taking the exit from the runway, the breaks stopped functioning, which led her to take an aggressive turn at full speed, which caused the car to spin and turn several times, crushing the driver's ribs, and damaging some organs and vessels.

After a partially extended stay in the hospital, in a semi-comatose state, she only gained consciousness two weeks later.

Her name was flashed in the news mainstream and the urgent news bar, which caused the stock price of her holding and the subsidiaries to skyrocket significantly, which from a particular perspective, was the only positive side of the situation.

The board members started discussing electing a new chairman, giving up on her in a matter of days; as per them, a comatose person cannot regain herself anytime soon.