Chapter 4 - Nevaeh

Nevaeh POV

Me and Heaven head into our first period, greeting our friends on the way.

Around our school we're pretty popular which is surprising since we keep beating up bullies, once we even beat a teacher for trying to force himself on a friend of ours.

Heaven takes her hand in mine, she's antisocial and gets anxious around big crowds.

We continue walking down the hallway, I skip past my class so I can walk Hev to hers, I don't like leaving her alone when we're in school, obviously she can take care of herself but if someone wants to talk then I can do it for her.

"Here's my class. Are you going to yours?"

"No, I'm going to practice for my basketball game tonight and brush up on my tennis skills."

"Alright, well I'm going to this class then skip the next few to study for my history test." I nod as we hug goodbye and Hev walks into her English class while I head to the girls locker room and change into a white tank top, blue basketball shorts and black trainers. I top up the makeup I have covering the tattoo on my wrist. It's one I share with Heaven, I've got a simple sun and she's got a crescent moon.

I walk into the gym and see Declan Thompson doing some hockey, he is my main competitor, we do all the same sports and have around the same skills

He's a brown haired, blue eyed, cocky asshole that I have to restrain myself from pummelling to the ground every time I see him.

"Well hello, strikeout." That's what the asshole has called me ever since I struck out in a basketball game seven years ago.

"Well hello, penalty." And this is what I've called said asshole since he lost to me in hockey.

I head to the opposite side of the gym and grab a basketball and start warming up, I do some stretches for about ten minutes before I start dribbling the ball around the court.

I run to the hoop and shoot, it bounces off the ring and flies in the opposite direction of the gym.

"Annnnd fail." He laughs like he just got told the funniest joke he's ever heard.

"Why do you look so annoyed? I mean you must be used to losing by now." He rubs it in while still laughing, I can't wait to dominate him in the game tonight. Even though we're playing on the same team, we're never actually on the same team. We are always competing to be the best and win the game. Our teams hate it but we win a lot because of it so they learnt to deal with it.

He launches the ball back at me and I catch it right before it smacks me in the face.

He turns around and continues practicing his poor hockey skills, and with his back to me, I hurl the ball to the back of his head and it hits him with such force he almost falls.

Before he turns towards me I grab a tennis ball and chuck it so just when he turns with a pissed off expression, it hits him right on the nose. Bullseye.

That's what happens when he mocks me.

Yes, I have that much spite.

"What the fuck!" His nose is bleeding a little and I love it.

"Oh I'm sorry, my hand must of slipped, I mean no way could I of done that with all the loosing you say I'm used to." I say sarcastically, pissing him off is one of my favourite hobbies.

"Oh strikeout, I can't wait to humiliate you tonight." He says with such certainty, it'll be hilarious when he gets destroyed.

"I'm sorry, what language are you speaking? It sounds like bullshit."

He glares at me and I give him an innocent and extremely fake smile.

He stomps away, presumably to the nurses office, and I do a victory shot with the basketball and it lands in the hoop with ease.

After doing a few laps around the gym and some more shots I hear my phone ringing, so I drop the ball and head towards the bench with my stuff lying on it.

I grab my water bottle and guzzle down the entire thing and wipe some sweat off my forehead before answering my phone.

"Hello." I say a little out of breathe.

"Hey Nev, it's me."

"Oh hey Nya, what's up?" I wipe some more sweat off my face.

"Is Hev with you?"

"No she's in class, why?" I ask, wondering why she's calling us during school, she and our other sisters are usually too busy and can't talk during the day.

"I need a favour from you two, I told Tavi I'd take her out for ice cream after school but I forgot about the mission I have later, so do you mind taking over for me?" Ah yes, whenever you tell our little sister you'll do something with her you can't back out, she still reminds me of the time I told her I'd take her to the park but had to drop out since I forgot about an important tournament in football. She was 3 years old, I don't even know how she remembers.

"I'd love to but I've got a game later remember." She sighs, it's like I can hear her brain trying to think of a way through this.

"Ok, your game is at 4:30 right? That's 30 minutes to do this mission, so how about you get changed into your basketball uniform, you go there with Heaven who can hack into the computers at the school guiding you through it so it'll be quick and easy, that sounds ok?" I think it through and decide it could work.

"Fine who's the target?" I scan the room to make sure there's no one hiding around listening.

"I'll send you the report that aunt Noelle sent me, don't worry it'll be an easy one."

"Okay, see you at my game."

"Alright good luck, you'll crush the other team and demolish that asshole you told me about." She's so enthusiastic about me destroying people, I love it.

I smile and hang up, and drop my phone and start practicing my tennis by bouncing the ball up and down on the racket.

I do a couple more tennis drills until the bell rings and I take my leave to go tell Hev about our new mission.

As long as I get to my game to annihilate everyone, I'll be happy.