Chapter 1 - Freya

Freya POV

I wake up to the blaring sound of my alarm clock.

I quickly get out of bed before I go fall asleep, I have to wake up the twins and Octavia then help mum, Everly and Nyathera with breakfast, since there are 11 people in this house and mum can't do it on her own, so we help as much as we can.

Exiting the shower, I hastily put on comfortable clothes before leaving my room and heading for Octavias, I pass her sleeping form all curled up on the bed and walk into her bathroom to turn the water on in the bath so it's ready for her later, while the water is slowly filling the tub I go to Heavens room to I find her sleeping on her desk drooling on the books surrounding her. She's probably studying all night for that history test.

I gently shake her shoulder, and she groans and starts stirring as I wipe the drool off her face with my shirt and leave her room, letting her wake on her own.

Walking to the room next to hers which holds her twin who I easily wake up, she went to bed early last night because she has got a big basketball game after school.

Returning to Tavi, she wakes as I whisper into her ear and brush her hair from her mouth, after settling her in the bath I begin choosing her clothes for the day, and pick a blue dress and leggings.

I leave her to take care of herself and go to the kitchen to find mum and Nyathera making pancakes, eggs, toast, and oatmeal. I kiss Nya on the forehead and say good morning to them both and start making a lot of coffee.

The twins walk in, Nevaeh doing a light jog and Heaven walking like a zombie.

Nev goes to the fridge and pours some orange juice into a glass and drinks while jogging around the kitchen.

Hev slumps onto the stool by the counter and I hand her a cup of coffee, she smiled gratefully and chugged it like it was water before grabbing another cup and starts drinking that too.

"Don't drink too much Heaven, it's not good for you." Everly says walking in holding Maeve. Those two have always had a special connection, Eve likes to take care of the kids since mum has had to raise me, Eve, Ale and Nya all on her own so we liked to help around when the twins were born, I mean we couldn't do much due to the fact we were all under the age of 10, so when Tavi was born we helped. We all practically raised her since mum is still in charge of the Spanish mafia, mum obviously hated not being with Tavi as much as she wanted to but she had to have an alibi to my father as to what she was doing all day.

For 16 years my aunt Noelle and Uncle Cameron ran the Spanish mafia while my mum was raising me, Eve, Ale and Nya till we were old enough. Mum took back the mafia 10 years ago when we were responsible enough to take care of the twins when I was 16 and they were 6.

"No can do sis, I've been up all night studying and if I don't drink this then I'll pass out during the test." Hev says chugging her third coffee.

I take Mae from Eve so she can get some breakfast and throw my baby sister in the air as she giggles.

"Mama!" Octavia yells, running into the room and instantly jumping into our mother's arms.

Mum spins with Tavi laughing the whole time. They haven't been able to see each other in a while because there have been a few problems with the mafia that mum has had to take care of.

Everyone's happy, me with Mae in my arms, mum with Tavi swirling around, Nevah jogging around the room and my sisters eating and being surrounded by family.

That was until our dad and brother entered the room. Everyone went silent. It was tense. There were no more smiles and laughter. Whenever we see our dad it's always like this. Silent, tense and vacant of any previous happiness.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Nyathera and Everly adjusting their shirts so that their tattoos aren't visible.

I and my sisters (except Tavi and Mae obviously) all have matching tattoos on the left side of our waist saying 'she believed she could so she did.'

He sits down next to Heaven, who clearly tenses up, Nevaeh slowly moves closer to her twin, ready to attack at any moment as I position my body to protect Maeve from any blows that may come while everyone else doesn't take their eyes off of him

Our father and brother are oblivious to how much the atmosphere changed when they walked in.

"Ok, you three, time to get to school." I say trying to get my sisters away from our father. I glance from the corner of my eye to see him roll his eyes and starts stabbing at his food. He never wanted us to go to school, he thinks the only thing we need to learn is how to cook, clean and be a good wife. Thank god mum convinced him otherwise.

I grab an apple for myself and rush Tavi to finish her pancake while mum grabs the twin's lunch and a snack for Mae.

Every weekday either me, Everly, Alejandra or Nyathera take the twins and Octavia to school and we also take Maeve to the park for a few hours. Mum walks out with us for show, when in reality she's doing something mafia related with whichever three of us aren't with the youngest of our family.

Today I'm staying with Tavi while Eve and Ale do some training and Nya goes to kill someone who sold some information about the Spanish mafia.

I put Mae in the stroller and shove the apple into my mouth, me and my sisters grab our bags and keys to our cars. We all head to the garage to meet our guards, Vinny and Tom. Our father makes them follow our mother around whenever she's outside, he couldn't give a flying fuck if we live or died, what he doesn't know is that they are loyal to the Perez family. They are close family friends that came to the Moretti mafia to spy, and they're pretty damn good at it since they got a job protecting the boss's wife aka their boss. And they're not the only spies we have in the Moretti mafia, half the trusted members of daddy dearests mafia belong to us.

"Morning girls." Vinny says, he's in his early 40s and he and Tom are basically our uncles, and they are best friends of our uncle Julien, they're also godfathers to his daughter Jean so in a way they really are family.

"Hey Vin, hey Tom." Mum says giving them a smile.

"TOMMY!" Octavia yells, Nevaeh hands her to him and he hugs her, she's always loved him, our uncles and Tom and Vinny were always more of a father to us than our real father has ever, or will ever be.

Tom places Tavi in her car seat and boops her on the nose causing her to let out a giggle that warms my heart.

I place Mae in the back with Heaven sitting in the middle seat so she can watch over both of them, mum puts her stroller in the boot and kisses all her daughters on the forehead, wishing them a good day, before entering her car with Vin and Tom and drives away.

Nyathera straps her weapon-filled duffel bag onto her black Kawasaki and speeds away after them.

Nevaeh gets in the front seat next to me and I drive away towards the twin's school.