Chapter 9 - Everly

Everly POV

I leave my two little sisters school, walking behind Nevaeh who is holding the trophy she earned, rightfully, in her game, and Lara who has linked arms with Heaven who is reading, using her very unique talent to read, walk and entertain her girlfriend at the same time.

Mums holding Mae while Freya and Nya are holding Tavis hands, we're all doing our own thing to celebrate, well most of us, as much as I'd love to be with my sister and party for her victory, Ale isn't here, and I don't want her to be alone.

I know she is at the one place that mum forbade us to go to, Arsenal, or more specifically, the ring.

So, I leave my family and head to my fathers club to cheer for another sister tonight.

I make sure to change from my pink sweater and navy blue jeans before entering. Instead I put on a strawberry blonde wig, a short black off shoulder dress and ditch my glasses for contacts, even though they are shit I can at least see a little.

Changing my appearance is necessary because I know Ale with be dressed as our shared persona, Red Shadow, and we all made an agreement to change everything about our looks if one of us is using her.

I do the mandatory signals to let the man standing in front of the door move out of the way.

As I enter, I instantly look for any threats that may jump out and attack. After I deem it safe I search for Alejandra.

I walk up the stairs to the second floor, giving me a birds eye view to find my sister.

All I can see are people making bad decisions.

Out of the corner of my eye I see my little, and only brother, Ares behind me. Luckily it looks like he hasn't spotted me so I quickly but casually make my way to the stairs and continue my search for Alejandra while also keeping an eye on Ares.

This isn't the first time he's been here the same time as one of us. Once he almost spotted Nevaeh but she quickly got out, which is exactly what I would do if my sister wasn't in here as well.

I keep searching, this time with a little more haste, but again come up empty. It's like she's not even here.

As I walk to the other side of the room to look again, someone knocks me while they're walking, almost resulting in me falling over.

I catch myself and turn to see the culprit, my sister looking at me with urgency.

I start to questing her but she silences me with a look then shifts her eyes to the direction behind me, to which I casually look at and see uncle Carlo, he and Ares must be here together. Of fucking course.

We've never had to evade two Moretti's at the same time. This may be a problem.

We seem to have the same thoughts as we walk away from Carlo while grabbing each other's hand so we don't loose each other.

Once we're at a safe enough distance, we start talking while keeping our eyes on our brother, uncle and any other Moretti that may appear since apparently they're all here.

"Why are they here?" I ask calmly, not really expecting her to know the answer.

"I don't know, but why are you here?" She says in a curious tone.

"I came to cheer for my sister while she kicks people who are two times her sizes ass."

"Aww, thank you sister." She has a grateful look on her face, making me smile.

"Now put your glasses back on, you look weird." And the smile is gone.

I roll my eyes, which are burning due to the contacts, and get back to the two problems we have.

"What should we do?" She says turning serious.

"Divide and conquer, you take Carlo, I'll take Ares." That's honestly our best and only plan, because I know my stubborn sister won't leave before her fight.

"Ok, but how do we make it look like an accident?" She asks, still serious.

I give her a look that she's very familiar with, it's the you can't kill anyone look, she returns it with her usual pissed off look.

"I'll meet you at the left side of the cage when your done." She gives me a nod and heads off.

You may be wondering what we're planning on doing to get rid of 'family'. It's simple, Carlo is a pig that gets distracted by women, so all Ale has to do is send a pretty woman his way. Now Ares will never reject a challenge, something we all inherited from mamá.

I walk up to the second floor and head straight for the bar, then pick out a drunk idiot who looks like an arrogant asshole that thinks he's the king of the world and that no one can rival him, and there's a very big selection.

I walk to a muscular man who looks to be bragging to his friends about a woman he recently 'did'.

I tap him on the shoulder, he turns and instantly looks me up and down, like I'm nothing but a toy to be used then thrown away.

This is why I prefer girls.

"Hello, I just can to say that you are very handsome." I say while giving him a smile.

"Your pretty nice on the eyes too." He hasn't even seen my face yet, too interested by my breasts.

"And as an handsome man, I thought you'd want to know that that man with the black hair is saying very bad things about you." I point behind my shoulder to Ares.

"What is he saying?!"

"That you fight worst than a girl." I have to stop myself from gagging as the words leave my mouth, I also have to stop myself from sucker punching him when he has an appalled look on his face.

He instantly storms towards my brother and I walk to the stairs, when I get to the bottom I glance up and see them having a drinking contest.

Yeah, he's a better choice at ruling the mafia than me or my sisters.

I head to the meeting point and wait for my sister.

I wait, and wait, and wait.

After about 10 minutes I begin to worry.

My uncle is not someone to take lightly and I'm starting to fear for Alejandra's safety.

That was before I remember that this is the same girl that dismembered a man that looked at mamá for too long.

She was 12.

Yeah she'll be fine.

My thoughts are proven right when I see her walking towards me, unharmed.

I begin to say something before the man standing in the center of the cage wearing a tux and holding a microphone announces that Red Shadow will be fighting now, which invokes a cheer from the crowd.

The crowd parts for my sister, while she double checks her hood hides the majority of her face except her red covered lips.

"And, our returning favourite will be fighting another favourite of ours.

"ARES MORETTI!"

My eyes widen in panic. I look to where Ares was earlier, to see him pausing his contest and making his was down the steps.

Alejandra hesitates slightly, before she shakes it off and enters the cage, followed by our brother.

They stand on opposite sides of the cage, Ale standing right in front of me on the left side and Ares on the right, jumping up and down, loosening up his muscles.

Ale turns slightly and gives me a look, telling me she won't restrain herself because of who she's fighting.

I return it with a sharp nod. I don't want our brother to get hurt but this is Alejandra's way for releasing her anger for not being able to be apart of the Moretti mafia just because of her gender.

"Begin!"

And it begins.

Brother unknowingly fighting sister.

And sister getting her, misdirected, revenge.

Don't worry, I'll help him with his injuries at home.

Ares throws the first punch.