everything happens for a reason

Virgil's POV

I feel like I'm drowning. I feel as though I have nothing left. I'm empty yet so full of emotions and it's unbearable. It's been 2 weeks. 2 weeks of pain. 2 weeks knowing my brother was fucked over. 2 weeks knowing that it's the cobras motherfucking downfall. And I will be the one to cause it.

I'm sat on the floor at the end of my bed when I hear a knock at the door.

"What." I say, asking him what he wants.

"Virgil my love-"

I scoffed. "What the fuck do you you want 'my love.'" I spat.

He enters my room without permission. Prick.

"Virgil I understand your frustration and anger but there is no need to take it out on me. Now clean this room, it looks like a figurative pig sty." He looks mad. Why the fuck is he mad at me? If anything I should be the one with a snarky tone.

"Fuck off Logan." I mumbled.

He steps closer and kneels next to me, lifting my head with one hand and squeezing my hand with his other.

"I'm so sorry darling, I'm being insensitive. How about we go to the shooting range? I may teach you how to aim, shoot and reload a simple pistol to start with. How does that sound?"

I contemplate my answer. Do I really want to spend my day in a shooting range with him? The shooting range part is fine. It's being with him that I don't like the idea of.

"Yeah whatever I'll get ready." I decided.

"Great! I'll see you in 15 minutes sunshine."

"Make it 10."

"If you say so honey." And with that he left me alone to get ready.

I decide to dress in a simple black tank top and grey cargo's. I don't want to get too hot and bothered.

I headed downstairs to see him wearing the same outfit. Great.

"It seems as though you have decent taste in clothing after all."

That was a sad example of a joke. God I can't be arsed for his shit today. It's okay, I'll power through. For Remus. For my revenge.

"Can we just go?" I asked.

"Ah yeah, sorry.."

"Whatever."

He lead me to the car and we sat through 20 minutes of awkward silence. He tried to talk but didn't dare say another word after I shut him down with a snarky remark.

We had finally got to the shooting range. That was the longest car drive of my entire life.

"Greetings and salutations, Randy."

"Logan! You haven't been here a while, and I see you've got a friend. I'm randy! Nice to meet ya'!"

I didn't reply.

"A shy one ain't he Logan!"

"You can only imagine."

"Well why don't you two follow me, I'll lead ya' to the gun room where we can all pick the pistol you'll both be using." The man said. We just nodded and followed.

"Now. Here is a Glock 19. It's a simple reload, you hold this down and pull out the magazine, place your 9mm bullets inside, push it back in and pull back on the slide. Simple. Now let us go to the target room so you may try. Logan you already know what you wana do, just roll with it buddy. I can get to know tiny over here."

"It's quite alright Randy, I'm able to instruct him from here. You and I both know I have the better aim." He said sharply. I forget how snappy he can be with others.