Chapter Thirty | 'Through thick and thin, till the end'

A R E S | N I C O L A I D E S

Three Years Later...

I've been in love with Alexandra Jones since I was eighteen.

She loves many things, like:

Reading.

Tattoos.

Painting, especially naked.

Going to Art museums.

Binge eating takeaway.

Writing letters.

Her Aunt Coraline.

Her art teacher, Mrs Coffee.

Clark Johnson.

Lily's.

Butterflies.

Pomegranate fruits....

and she also loves me.

Her hair is dark brown, as are her eyes; she is ten inches shorter than me and has a grin that can bring you back to life. Her gentle heart forgives you no matter what you do to her. She sees the good in others.

She saw the good in me.

And that is the exact reason on why I am marrying her today.

Alexandra Jones will from now on be called Alexandra Nicolaides.

We have been through a rough war, we have had our ups and downs, ins and outs. We are opposites. She is seriously my other half, and the only woman I see in this world.

She loves me.

Not once, but twice, we fell in love with each other. This demonstrates how strong our love is. It's been a confusing journey for both of us, but one thing is certain: I'm glad I didn't give up on her. She may not have fully recovered and regained all of her memories. But I enjoy it; I enjoy telling her about our memories and watching her reaction.

Bad and good.

Sad and happy.

Hate and love.

Night and day.

Worse and better.

Diávolos and Angelos.

Ares and Alexandra.

Everything does have an opposite.

I promise to love her, to cherish her, to be there for her when she needs me, to protect her from any evil, to give her everything I have in me. I may not be perfect; I may not be the dream man she deserves but I will work up to it. I made sure that she has set her standards to the highest, because that's where she deserves it. We have our arguments, but we sort it out within the hour.

Alexandra Jones has made me into the man I am today.

I memorised every single letter that she has ever written me, such as:

Ares,

You make me feel happy.

I wish you knew, the thoughts i have about you. I cannot always express how I feel because I've never been in love. You are my very first. My first everything.

I wish I could explain how I feel when I wake up to see your face or how my heart skips a beat when you say my name.

I wish you knew how I describe you to strangers and the songs that remind me of you. I wish I could describe how you healed me in ways I never imagined possible.