Chapter 3

What is HE doing here?

I turned to look at Prateek. He looks visibly pale.

No this can't be happening. I can't let his first impression of ME be this shoddy. He gotta notice me in a good way. I'm gonna pave my way to his good book.

I began chewing my mouthful of chips furiously while stuffing the chips packet into my school bag.  Zara was gulping down food with water.

Ofcourse we too wanna be school captains and boss around the whole school!

"Good afternoon Sir".
"Good afternoon children. Sit down. I'm here to assure you to feel free to express yourself in the school. Also, I expect you all to maintain the decorum at all times. The teachers are always around to help you out in case you face any kind of trouble. Be at ease and make the fullest of the last two years of school", the school Principal Mr. N. D'Souza announced.
"Does anyone want to convey anything?"

The few moments of pin drop silence was broken by a short-heighted, spectacle-hanging-above-the-nose,hair duly braided high school nerd---- Shreya Dutta.

"Hello Sir. I'm Shreya Dutta. I like everything about this school but I have one complaint.  There are some students in this class who eat,sleep or talk while the teacher is teaching. They are spoiling the ambience of the class. Please do something about them Sir".

Wtf bitch! She wants the whole class to be punished?!
Amader naam nik, dekhabo moja. Mere haar guriye debo.
(Take our name and she'll see the worst of us. I'll beat her bones to dust.)

"This is the first and last warning this class is getting. Behave yourselves. You are all good children. I know that. I don't want any further complaints.  Thank You children. Sir you may continue with your class ".

Soon the school day ended. Zara went home with her dad. Prateek cycles to school and home. Currently he's having a boys' time with his boy-friends near the cycle stand. He's totally straight by the way. I was waiting along with my brother for our school van in the parking lot.
Finally the lazy ass driver showed up.

                   *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

"Maaaaa ami ese gechi",we shouted simultaneously.
"Ami aage esechi ".
"Na ami".
"Ma dekho didi cheating korche."
"Tai naki----"
"Chup! Ami Jani Amar chotto shona cheletai aage eseche. Manai taratari kor tuition ache", ma said.

("Maaaa I've reached ",we shouted simultaneously. )
("I came first. ")
("No I did.")
("Maa look didi is cheating ")
("Oh really----")
("Shut up! I know my little boy came first.  Manai be quick. U have tuitions to attend", ma said)

Its pointless arguing any further.

I don't understand why any tutor has to teach at 3:30 in the blazing afternoon. Could've stretched it to 4:00 pm. The Best part is these teachers are fucking punctual. Huhhh!!!

I had two consecutive tuition classes today. The only relief was my besties being in the same batch. I came back home dead tired.  I was definitely not used to this. Nothing, I say nothing, could have prepared me for this Guinness book record long jump that we science students took from class ten to eleven.

Be prepared guys.

I need some refreshments. Yeah. That's correct. But what refreshment could it be?

Instagram idiot! Remember everyone was asking everyone else to follow them?

Hah. Instagram. Good idea.

I quickly installed Instagram on my ailing smartphone. Then I made an account, uploaded a profile pic and wrote some basic information in my bio. All set yayy! I sent quick invites to all my friends and came back to the home page scrolling through it.
The Instagram feed is quite wholesome. People kept liking and commenting on my picture while I checked out their profiles.

All this while I learnt three things.
1. I need to add a completely irrelevant sassy quote to my bio.
2. Will have to write things in passive voice.  For example: D.O.B.= 21/05/02 has to be written as 'first cried on 21/05/02'.
3. All pictures have to be filtered. 

I also got friend requests from 2 handsome boys! Don't worry, my number of followers will soon rise.

I slept with a wide grin on my face.

Life couldn't get any better, could it?

Hey guys!
How was the chapter?