Chapter 8

Days rolled by.
The weight of my life choices sunk in....

Wake up at 6AM. Get ready for school.  School van picks me up at dot 7 AM. Reach school at 7:20 AM. School begins at 7:30 AM. The first and the most irritating class begins at 7:45 AM. Stomach dutifully starts rumbling during the third period.  Keep controlling till the fourth period ends. The canteen remains loaded with children shouting-
"UNCLE! UnCLe! Aap denge ya hum chale jaye? "
"Arrey nahi beta rukiye,  aap hi ko toh hum de rhe the! Babu zara bhaiya log ko dene do pehle..."
Next comes the most detested 5th  period which is either learning a boring subject or is taught by a boring teacher who makes the lecture boring.

Amra Bangali. Kheye ghumano amader sobhab. Tahole breaktime er por ghume na dhule thaki ki kore?
( We're Bengalis. Sleeping after eating is our habit. So how can we not feel drowsy after breaktime?)

The 6th,7th and 8th period is what could be scientifically called -
" THE SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST ". It takes all my might to stop myself from opening the packet of blue lays lying in my bag or the kitkat I saw in Zara's bag. Or not falling asleep while still sitting up and looking at the book with my hands supporting my head. Or talk and talk till Zara's place is  changed and everyone around me , except me, is scolded cause I'm too good to be the culprit. Hehe!

"Hey!", a quiet whisper fell into my ears as I was sitting on one of the steps leading to the corridor of the senior school building.
"Hi", I smiled back .
Sitting down beside me ,merely keeping a camlin long scale distance ( the scale we use in exams to draw straight, long lines) Rudra asked me for some water.

Now now, there's something I can boast about. The obidient human that I am, I never suck or lick the water off  my bottle. From a very young age , I've been trained to raise the bottle right above my mouth,  angle my chin accurately and pour the liquid down my throat. It took time to master the art though. How hygienic!

"Water? Please?", he requested again.
"Sure". I handed him the white Milton bottle.

No I didn't observe him or his Adam's apple bobbling while he drank water.

Instead I was looking out for my school van. This place gives a fair view of the road and the parking hence most kids loiter around here.

"Thank you"
"Welcome "

We sat in  comfortable silence for about a minute when I suddenly felt a hard smack on my back.

"Ay! Agar football khelna aata nhi toh khel kyu rhe ho? What if you hurt her bad? Hey, you're okay right ? Do you need some help? And you both, tell me your names and classes quickly.  See how I complain to your class teacher and get you both scolded" ,Rudra glared at those 2 little boys.

The boys looked like they belonged from the junior school. I walked towards them with the dirty football.

"Here, take it and be careful when you play with it, okay?"
"Yes didi ", they nodded still looking down.
"Aur sunno,  bhaiya thora zyada hi daat diye h tum dono ko. You both are good boys right? Woh nhi karenge complain. Mein unko mana karungi".
"Sachi?"
"Muchi"
"Thank you didi. Aap bohot achhe ho. Bye".
"Bye!"

"You still didn't tell me if you're okay?"
Ugh!
"Well I am okay.  That was just a football and they didn't kick it hard enough to break my ribs. So please chill out and stop threatening kids, Rudra dada".

"Okay fine!" " No what?!!"
"What what?"
" What did u just call me?"
Hearing a loud horn I looked around to see that my van has reached. I sprinted towards it ignoring his calls. Just as I was about to lock the door after sitting in , I shouted, "Bye dada!"
Shutting the door , I peeped out of the window to see him  shaking his head , smiling softly.
The boys in the van were busy being hooligans.
Niceeee!

Looking down at my lap, I smiled.

He cares....

Hey loved ones!
Please shower some love for updating during my exams ugh!

See you soon!