#10 evening

After finally getting through to the agency, we decided it was best if izumi came home with me after all. At least just for tonight. I'm pretty sure more people would just frighten her and I didn't want that at all.

Izumi of course, was more than happy to come with me and agreed instantly.

I look down at her tiny frame beside me, ruffling her hair once more before unlocking my door. I turn the key and push the door, leading her inside before closing it behind me.

I expected her to be aprihensive. I expected her to ask questions. I expected I'd have to explain a few things.
What I didn't expect however, was to see a familiar criminal lounging on my sofa and twirling one of my feathers in his hands.

"Took you long enough," he scowled, looking over at us with a puzzled look on his face. "What's with the kid?"

I close my eyes and take a deep breath before crouching down to her. "Izumi can you go wait in that room over there please?," I say gesturing to the guest room. "I'll come see you in a minute."

She nods and hurries over there, quickly glancing at dabi.
I watched her scurry off and close the door before turning back to the villain. "Of all nights to choose you chose tonight?" I groan, pinching the bridge of my nose.

"I didn't know you had a daughter." He scoffs, crossing his arms and furrowing his brow.

"I dont." I state bluntly, "I found her in the marketplace today all alone. Pretty sure her home isn't safe for her so she's staying with me for the night."

He mutters a quiet 'oh' and briefly turns his gaze to the guest room door.
"Well I'll let you deal with her first I suppose." He flops back onto his previous seat and waves me away like some sort of servant.

I roll my eyes and make my way to izumi, shutting the door as I enter her room.

She's sat on the edge of the bed, holding a small blue cushion to her chest and completely zoned out. She doesn't even notice me walk in and sit next to her until I gently tap her shoulder. "You alright kid?"

Her body jolts slightly at the sudden realisation of my presence and looks at me wide-eyed. "You spooked me!"

I raise my hands as a short surrender, apologizing with no hesitation, "Sorry, sorry. You were zoned out- you alright?"

Izumi nods followed by a quiet hum and shuffles to lean against the backboard. "That guy looks creepy...... He's all purple and he smells funny!" She scrunches her nose in disgust and sticks her tongue out, as if to emphasize how gross the lazy criminal was.

I can't help but let out a short laugh, "I know, he is kinda weird huh?" I stand up, pulling a few large shirts out and placing them Infront of her, " but I've gotta deal with him in a minute. That means you, young lady have got to get to sleep." I say while lightly poking her nose with my index finger and turning on a small lamp beside the bed.

She nods a little with a small smile and picks up one of the shirts, choosing that one to sleep in. I say a swift goodnight to the girl and pat her on the head, turning towards the door. Just as I go to turn off the light, I hear her voice from the bed, "Thank you Mr Hawks for letting me stay. You're really nice."

"You're welcome kid, sleep well." I switch off the main light and close the door behind me before making my way back to the couch.

631 words