Chapter 14

Don't own jjba just my story and my ocs. 

________________________________

"Woman." Kars' voice snapped her out of it. Looking to him she saw his pointed stare. "You've been quiet for more than thirty minutes. You've also been ignoring your cat." 

Dark blue hues looked down to see Kalina nudging herself against Aritha' legs. "Ah sorry about that. Thank you Kalina." her voice dry and hoarse as if she had been screaming. Kneeling down on the floor, the jaguar bumped her head gently against Aritha's. Brilliant ruby eyes narrowed in suspicion. Moving his gaze away from the shadow user. He leaned his head against his knuckles. 

"That hamon woman is staying here until the battle that will happen later tonight." Kars curtly explaining what happened. The shadow user hummed in acknowledgement. The two pillars were alone in the room. Kars still sat in his throne while the outcast sat on the floor the black jaguar laying across her lap. Burying her face in the mass of shadows and bones, Aritha slowly began crying. 

Glancing to Aritha's hunched over form, Kars grimaced. It must have been something from her past. Damn. Glancing again to the shadow user' trembling form, the researcher looked ahead again. "Mother, why?" she whimpered, her ring turning to a pale green. Gritting his teeth even further Kars' knuckles turning white from his grip. Damn that sickness! This is why I sealed her in that ice. 

Looking to Aritha again, he sighed. Letting the shadow user calm herself down. After awhile Aritha' soft cries turned to sniffles. The outcast slowly sat up, rumbling was heard as Kalina licked the woman' tears away. "Thanks, Kalina." she smiled. The jaguar softly roared in acknowledgement swiftly going back to her pendant form the cat left the two pillars alone. 

The two pillars sat in comfortable silence with the purple haired male glancing at Aritha's crescent and star shaped birthmark. "Well, woman. Are you just going to sit on the floor or will you sit on the furniture?" he asked gazing at her back. Briefly meeting his gaze, the shadow user quickly turned away. "My legs fell asleep." she mumbled. 

Narrowing his eyes in annoyance, Kars stood from his chair. Aritha turned just in time to see the olive skinned man behind. Bending down, he picked her up causing her to shriek in shock. "What in the sun are you doing?" she exclaimed, looking to Kars. "Stupid woman." he huffed. 

Walking back to his chair he sat with Aritha in his lap. The two sat there until it was time to meet with Jojo and the stone. 

-----

Aritha PoV

Kars, Wammu and I stood on dilapidated gate, watching as Jojo arrived at the skeleton heel stone arena the stone in hand .Wammu smirked in amusement he saw Jojo lift the stone for us to see. Lighting a fire with a match stick, the stone generated a red beam of light. 

Kars jumped down landing behind Lisa Lisa. "It's genuine. We accept your proposal." he said. "We honor you by fighting one on one." 

I scoffed at his statement in which he glared at me. I in turn glared back. This man he knows nothing about fighting fair.  "Come woman. We will watch Wammu from the arena box." he ordered walking past me and towards the arena. I was about to follow when I notice Jojo pull something else out of his jacket. 

Normal PoV

Snickering at the way Lisa Lisa glared at Jojo, the shadow pillar laughed. Kars rolling his eyes turned to look at the arena. Raising his arm he yelled. "Vampires prepare the arena. LIGHT THE FIRES!" he ordered. 

In a pillar of fire, the arena was lit. Aritha stopped looking at the two humans and now looked at the arena. Coming up beside Wammu she sat herself down. Side glancing at her remaining child, she smiled. He looks so much like his father, but much of his mothers personality takes root in him. I only hope I can keep my promise to her. she thought as she looked to the fires.