Chapter 16

I don't own JJBA, just my oc and I don't own the art either. Kudos to the artist. Warning long chapter. 

_________________

Taking hold of the handles of the truck Aritha opened the doors. As soon as she did, something came barreling into her. This caused her to stumble just a bit. However she quickly regained her balance. As if it was a babe, the shadow caster supported its bottom while her hand petted the creature.

"You were so brave my sweet boy. My lovely Santana."

Kars and Wammu stood shocked . "SANTANA!" Jojo exclaimed, his hands going to his face in shock while his body was in a flamingo like pose. "Women have you finally lost your mind." the sanguine haired male sighed a hand coming to his face.

Suddenly a laugh, one they all knew, broke through the air. Both male pillars snapped their attention in the direction of the open van. "This, i-it, its impossible." Kars' voice shaking as his hand fell. There in the vans entrance standing in the light of the rising sun was Esidisi, a wide smile on his face.

"I figured this would be your reaction." the fire user chortled. Snapping to Aritha, who now had Santana hugging his mother in his pillar man form, the light user glared at his opposite. "Women explain this now!" he demanded. Aritha too occupied with comforting her son, didn't hear Kars' demand.

Growling he stomped towards her, "Woman!" grabbing her from the earth user, he spun her around to face him. "I demand an answer." his canines glinting in the light. Unamused by her opposite, her midnight hues turned to Wammu. "Wammu, I want you to open your eyes."

"Mistress I do not wish to alarm you with -" The pillar was startled as he felt his caretakers touch on his face. Kars whipped his head from Wammu to where the shadow caster had been. What is this?! he exclaimed in his mind holding nothing but air now. Bringing his attention back to the two, the light user watched as the outcast gently rubbed the wind pillars lidded eyes. "Please let me see your eyes." her voice gentle as if encouraging a child to jump into a lake.

Hearing his caretakers soft tone the warrior swallowed his fear and opened his eyes. The first thing he did was cover his eyes with his hands. Kneeling on the ground, he gritted his teeth.

Wammu PoV

This pain, what is this pain? I've never experienced such pain only when battling against a hamon warrior. The pain increased tenfold but it dulled slightly when I felt a gentle hug around my shoulders. "It's alright Wammu this pain will pass. It will only be momentary."

I opened my eyes again slowly. Looking through my blurred vision which should have been impossible since I had gouged out my own yet I could see someone who looked vaguely like Mistress Aritha. However I did not sense any strong will and she did not have Mistresses steel hardened gaze. This woman was kinder gentler and her eyes were of a light green.  Her tanned skin unlike my mistress. But what stuck out the most was her hair. Hair that shone like my own.

"My dear little storm. You've grown so strong." her voice gentle. It felt like I've heard this woman's voice long ago. Coming closer I could feel her kiss above my eyelids. She then kissed my head just below my horn.

I now know I've felt this before, so long ago. I reached my hand, which was somehow smaller than what I remember, to her. "Little storm would you like me to sing to you one last song."

Not waiting for an answer she began to sing. A lullaby that Mistress Aritha sung to Cascadia when she was but a young child. I remember asking her where she heard it.

---

Mistress looked at me, shock in her face but then she smiled a fond one. One she reserved for Santana, the two human children, her precious jaguars and myself. Tilting her head she leaned it upon her knuckles. "I heard it from your mother." her smile only growing in fondness.