Uneaten Noodles

Today I've got three engagements for crying out loud. I've to meet Pro, she's finally back after weeks, I had promised Nilansh that I'd meet him in this ground near his place to learn biking and right after my classes, I have a date with Kyle.  

Since all three can't happen, I have decided to cancel my plan with Nilansh today cause one, I am kind of scared to bike now and two, I am really excited to meet Kyle. After my date, I am thinking of going to Pro's who has planned to cook me a 'delicious' meal, which by the way I am scared of cause she is the worst cook in the world, not going to lie.

I distribute the graded mid term papers to students, seeming frantic while doing so of course and grab my handbag. The bell rings and as I am about to leave, this cutest little chick who can't be more than 7, bumps into me in the hallway

"Ma'am I really like your pink dress."

"Hey thanks baby! It's actually Fuchsia haha." I pull her cheeks softly.

"But Dylan said your boobs look humongous in this pink dress. He said pink."

"What?" 

"Emma! What are you doing here?" Dylan comes running from behind me and grabs the girl by her shoulders.

"Ma'am I am so sorry. My sister's crazy! No! I mean she must have misheard something. I never said anything of that sort." He looks down abashedly and hurries back to the classroom with his sister.

I always tend to get shit in the staff room on how generous I am with my grades every semester. I finally know whom to fail this time.

*****

I wait outside the subway station for Kyle. I tried calling him like three times but he hasn't picked. I start pacing on the footpath glancing at my phone every other minute. I think my heart is going to start an ugly race any minute now. I unlock my phone to see if he has texted at least. I see Pro's texts

Dude text me when you get free.

When does the fest end?

You'll be free by 8 pm right? 

I pick Kyle's call.

"Hey I am here."

"Umm why couldn't you pick my call and let me know that you would get late?"

"Well. Chill. I am here okay. Where are you? Platform no.?"

"I am at the exit gate no. 2. I guess I had texted you about that."

"Okay lady. I am at gate no. 2 only. What are you wearing?"

"Black shirt and Cargos."

"Aah. Spotted."

*****

He takes me to this lounge in central Pennsdale, which has lights that practically have the potential to blind me. We are sitting on this couch thingy right in front of the bar and with a group of drunkards on the couch right beside ours. Kyle gets up instantly the minute he sees this guy, also a drunkard as far as his walk is concerned.

"I'll be right back."

He comes back with a grin on his face, takes his seat next to me and grabs my hands. Tight. And doesn't let go for another few minutes. 

Gosh.

I pull my knees together and try avoiding looking directly at him.

"So? Why weren't you picking my calls?" I try to put my hair behind my ear.

"Well. Forget that now, will you? I was just swamped. I was at work first and later went to meet a friend." He says as he stares into me. Deep.

"Umm okay. So? What do you do?"