A Rainy Day in Pennsdale

Broken at so many points
Yet so gathered
Collapsed in one go
and I scattered

Inch by inch
I mended myself
Only to realize
It never mattered

My self is a broken glass
Its bits are flaw-wound
Don't step on it
Oh are you now blood-bound?

                                                               -J

"Wait. Wait. Let me try something." He takes the pen from my hands and grabs the notebook.

She asks me to write
Write about melancholy
But do I write?
I don't write
I would rather tell
Tell her that
what comes out of this melancholy,
is most beautiful and out of this world.

                                                                                 -Nilansh

I snatch the notebook, hold his mouth closer and dissolve myself in him for what feels like eternity. This is what's been missing from my life and I am not letting it slip this time.

He breaks off to get a gasp of air.

"Woah!"

"The theme was melancholy you idiot!" I pull at his cheeks hard, clenching my teeth.

"Well I used the word melancholy no?" He raises his brows at me and smirks. I let out a brief laugh.

He leans back in and presses his lips against mine clasping the back of my head. A gust passes by my cheeks and I let go. I feel a droplet on my forehead and we both look up at the same time.

*****

I stand at the threshold waiting for him to park his bike and stand by me. Because I am not doing this alone. It's been long, I miss her and I now want him around to work up the strength to look her in the eye.

"Come on Jen. Come inside."

He knocks on the door and when no one answers, he grabs the key from under the doormat and inserts it in the second door.

As we enter the study, we can smell something brewing up and he lets go of my hand instantly. I follow him and I see Pro in the kitchen, covered in chocolate. She has bits of melted chocolate all over her face and apron, as she takes out a not-so-delicious looking cake, hot from the oven.

"Hey!" She spots us and the bowl slips from her hands as her feet lose control.

I am about to grab her arm when he pulls her by her waist towards him. 

"What are you doing Aish? Be careful. And what is that? There's no way in hell you're impressing her by feeding her this!" He teasingly utters these words and Pro punches him on the back. Hard.

"Shut up you! I cook amazing alright?"

Her eyes land on mine and I glance at Nilansh. She walks up to me and my spine starts to feel all tingly. She grabs me in her arms as if if she lets go today, she will never get to do this ever. 

"Gosh. I missed you. I am so sorry Jen. I was ...oops!" She glances down at my white crochet top, which is not so white anymore.

"God Pro you got chocolate all over my top!" I crack up and hug her back. And like I said, with her it's different. I am never the one to let go first.

"See." She takes my arm and I am brought before a bigger than life plate with momos and kebabs in it. A large coke is sitting beside the plate.