chapter eight: new member

Jazz's p.o.v

After a nice sleep, I felt refreshed and so did both my Pokemon and Hop well he is never out of energy so sleeping for him just gives him more energy so it's no surprise that while I'm walking out the hotel hop is running circles around me while he's chasing scorebunny around me, I just let it happen as I cradled sobble but once we got moving we both returned them leaving fletch on my head sleeping still.

"So our first real route will be route 3 it is a nice small route as it has some interesting Pokemon" hop said as he walked alongside me across the small bridge and past the archway, there was grass up ahead of us with zigzagoons and knickits running around with some small flower Pokemon.

And everything felt happy, "so which Pokemon do you want?" Hop asked as we watched them run around "I'm not really into any of these... Those thugs put a bad taste in my mouth with those Pokemon and the flower just looks off to me" I said as one hopped past me, "well I'm gonna grab up myself a zigzagoon" he stated he and scorebunny rushed after one nearby.

I decided to keep walking ahead because I knew with his energy he could keep up, and only after walking a few meters ahead I notice two teens about my age poking something small in the grass with a stick, "hey what are you guys doing?" I asked the two boys and they both looked up at me and smiled "there's this weak bug we beat it in a battle and now is on the ground so we started poking it" the older one said flicking his long blond hair to the side.

I stormed up to the two boys and pushed past them just to see what Pokemon it was, and when I saw it and I felt sorry for the poor thing it looked like they beat it hard and just continued to mess with it while it was knocked out, it was this small bug creature it was orange and red and it had a small flame on the front end.

"You are both cruel humans" I stated as I lifted the poor thing from the ground and held it to my chest, "hey we beat it we get to catch it" the second smaller and younger lad said he looked like the brother of the other kid "... People like you don't deserve Pokemon 'cause you beat them up and abuse them" I argued as I petted the little guy.

"How about we battle me vs you one on one for the centipede," the older lad said and I thought for a moment and then I let out a loud sigh, "fine," I said as I moved a distance from them and placed the poor bug down and then I readied myself, I knew this little fella wouldn't have a good life and even though this seems so small to be it's huge I need to win.

He readied his Pokemon and I readied mine, "chewtle I choice you" the older kid said and he throughout his ball "sobble go" I shouted back and I through his ball, his ball opened up and let out a tiny little tittle with a yellow spike on his head, it was blue with yellow cheeks and shell and it had adorable buck teeth.

"Now Chewtle use water gun," the guy said and his Chewtle powered up some water into his mouth, "sobble retaliate with your water gun" I retorted and sobble charged up his mouth full of water and then they both blasted their small stream of water,...

"Now Chewtle use water gun," the guy said and his Chewtle powered up some water into his mouth, "sobble retaliate with your water gun" I retorted and sobble charged up his mouth full of water and then they both blasted their small stream of water, there attacks hit into each other but it seemed Chewtle was stronger as his attack pushed back sobbles attack till it hit him in the face it even knocked him down.

I was preparing to sobble to cry but he seemed unbothered by the water, of course, he's a water type it probably didn't hurt "sobble you have this use water gun again... I believe in you" I called out to him and he stood back up with a small amount of pride, he then charged up another mouth full of water "Chewtle fire a second round if water gun" the kid ordered and his chewtle charged one up again.

But just like before they collided and again chewtle over powered sobble who now looked roughed up and hurt and I could see tears forming in his eyes "come on bud one last time this time put everything into it" I called out and he wiped the tears from his eyes and started to charge up another water gun but so thin was different this time he began to glow blue as his mouth expanded much more than before.

"Haha again... Well chewtle will just finish this with a blast by using his water gun," the guy said and his chewtle did the same water gun but he didn't glow, it felt intense up to the very moment they both fired and when they did there was no contest of who was winning as sobble sent a water gun it almost looked like a fire hose and it smashed straight through chewtles water gun and blasted the turtle straight into a rock behind the two kids.

I was shocked and so I quickly pulled out my rotom phone as I was confused to what happened, "why was sobbles attack so strong?" I asked the phone and the rotom took a moment before answering "that would be sobbles ability torrent...torrent increases the power of water type moves by double when they are low health" the Rotom stated before turning off.

Suddenly the smaller kid started to stomp his feet in rage "HOW DARE YOU... *sniffles* THAT POKEMON IS MINE... I WANT IT NOW" the younger kid cried and you wouldn't believe he was at least 13 and he's having a tantrum over a pokemon, "Hey I know we had a deal but my bro loves that one" the older one pointed to the fainted centipede "haha .... Yeah no... I'm sorry but you two are abusive and if you wanted this little fella then you wouldn't have hurt it this bad" I stated and the older one huffed before taking his brother by the wrist.

Once they were gone I finally dropped down and scooped the centipede into my arms and then I sat down, "ok let's see... I can maybe use a revive" I said to myself as I placed my bag in front of me, I then looked through my things until I found one of the two revives hop gave me then I placed it into the small creature's mouth and it slowly ate the revive.

It took its time but soon enough the little guy was back up and walking, at first he was startled by my presence but when I hushed it and petted it the little guy started to warm up to me I knew this was a bad idea but I feel bad for him, so I took out one of my potions which was held in a purple spray bottle that was hand-sized, then I sprayed it all over the guy until he looked healthy.

Now he was walking around happily scuttling around me and on me and now I felt happy so I placed him back into the grass before picking up my bag "sobble return" I called as I clicked my Pokeball returning him into it, but that's when I felt something climbing my leg when I looked down there he was climbing my leg I tried multiple times to put him back but he just refused and continue to climb my leg.

"So... Looks like he wants to stay with you" hop said from behind me which scared the living hell out of me, "sorry I didn't mean to scare you... It's just he looks like he doesn't want to leave so how about you try catching him" hop said as a slight blush brushed over his cheeks, "ok I'll try," I said as I pulled off an empty Pokeball from my belt then I took the centipede off my leg and onto the ground.

He thought I was trying to remove him again and so he turned around to face me but I was now on the ground with him, I had placed the Pokeball in front of him he was confused at first but when he realised what I was asking he happily rammed into the ball and he accepted his new home and I had a new partner on my team.