Chapter Seventeen: Hows Hop Feeling?

Narrator p.o.v

While Jazz had fallen asleep quickly it was hop who couldn't sleep he just lay there with his heart in his throat beating like no tomorrow.

Hop p.o.v

I couldn't believe this was happening to be honest I almost slapped myself when I suggested that he sleeps with me in my bed but it felt worth it seeing him asleep was adorable but then again I couldn't help but think he was adorable, yeah it's true I have feelings for him in a way but I can't find it in myself to ask him out I think its because I barley know him even after all these years I want to know who he is and where he came from I want to know what happened between him and his other half of his family the only things I know is they moved from his dad's place and now he has told me about these 'scars' mental ones I assume and how he doesn't want 'people judging him for who he is I want to help and get closer but he has these walls built up, I guess we will remain friends till something changes.

But even with all that I can't help but feel something towards him and even now as he sleeps I can't help but smile and wished I could hold him except that would be weird so I decided to just close my eyes and try to get some sleep, as they were closed I started to listen to what was going on around me but what I listened to the most was Jazz's breathing it was calm and slow and as I listened to his rhythmic breathing I found myself dropping off until I had finally fallen asleep, I started to dream I was dreaming of an old memory that we made around about the first week we met. It was a sunny day that day but the sun was starting to fall below the horizon during this memory me and Jazz were just sitting next to a tree that stood on my mother's farm we were there because I had shown him around the small town and wanted to show him this spot because of how beautiful it was at this time.

"Wow it really is beautiful" Jazz stated as he looked out at the sun but I didn't pay attention to the sun no I focused on his eyes when I first met him they were a dark brown they looked dull almost and were a huge contrast to his happy but shy personality but at that moment his eyes lit up with joy and wonder and for the first time I saw the real Jazz, "Yep Its a great view did you not have a place to go like this from where you're from?" I asked and when he looked at me his eyes had reverted to his lifeless ones he had before "oh er ...no ...I lived in a city it was my dad's place" Jazz stated trying his best to smile but it was clear he didn't believe in the smile, "why did you move from your fathers?" I asked and slowly Jazz's smile faded completely as he looked away "He and my mom divorced that's why" he said suddenly the dream began to spin around and around till it all went black.

I took my time waking up as that dream brought back a lot of things I hated but when I finally opened my eyes I was shocked to find Jazz leaning on my chest he was hugging me and at first, I was going to push him off but for some reason, this felt nice it felt natural like we were supposed to hug but this moment would soon end when Jazz started to slowly wake up and when he looked up I felt my heart skip a beat he looked up at me with eyes filled with emotion unlike in that dream "good morning" I said as I smiled at him, he must have still been dazed from waking up cause he didn't realise he was hugging me yet "Morning Hooooooop" Jazz began to slowly slur my name as he finally noticed he was hugging me "AAAAAAAAAH" he shouted as he pushed away causing him to fall off the bed followed by the sound of multiple pokeballs popping open now the room had all of Jazz's pokemon running around.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to do that please don't hate me," Jazz said as I sat up in my bed I looked over the side of my bed to look at him and as I expected he was bright red with Drizzle sitting on his chest "Why would I hate you it was kinda comfortable" I stated this made jazz open his eyes there was a moment of silence before tears began to form in his eyes, "wait jazz why are you crying," I asked as I swung my legs off my bed as an attempt to get out of bed but when I did this it caused Drizzle to move then jazz took a deep breath "Man ... he ... got heavy," he said and now I realised why he was crying drizzle was crushing his chest I let out a small chuckle before I gave him a hand and helped him back up onto his feet now we both were standing up in the small gap between our beds maybe we were a little bit too close as our faces were only centimeters away from each other.

"I er should start collecting my pokemon up," Jazz said as he quickly turned towards his bed where his centiskorch was curled up on his bed with the noibat sleeping in the center of the curled-up bug meanwhile Drizzle was trying to catch Fletch who had woken up from her spot on the bedside table, Jazz was quick to act as he grabbed up the pokeballs he had dropped while falling off the bed then he started to return everyone back to their balls except Fletch who quickly landed on Jazz's head "well I'm going to shower cause today is the day we beat the fire gym" I stated as I opened my bag to get my spare cloths which looked exactly the same as the ones I was already wearing "ok im just gonna make some food I guess," Jazz said as I walked to the bathroom.

Jazz P.o.v

I watched as Hop made his way into the bathroom and I waited for the second he closed the door to let out a loud groan "Why did that happen" I said as I planted my face into my hands Fletch tweeted to me in a curious tone "I hugged hop now he's gonna think I'm weird he'll hate me and and" I was starting to shake and my breathing began to lose its pace and I began to shake but then I felt Fletch land on my shoulder and she started to brush up to my face before letting out some small tweets.

Slowly Fletchs rubbing began to tickle me and I knew she was doing her best to cheer me up and well it worked as I burst into laughter "Ok ok ... I get it ... Let's see what I could make" I said as I grabbed my large brown bag and started taking things out starting with a pot than some different berries and veggies, "well ... The best I can do is a soup well without burning the hotel down so soup it is" I explained as I pulled out a smaller bowl with a spoon but out the corner of my eye I saw something wiggle from my bag and when I checked what it was I realised the egg was wiggling every now and then "Hmm must be close to hatching huh" I said and now I began to think about what it could be was it a kalos starter? maybe a Frokie that was the one I was gonna pick or maybe its a Kanto starter I know he was holding onto their starter choices as well but no matter what it was I'd happily take it in.

Anyway I went back to cooking taking out any berries and spices from my bag I started to mash then up using the bowl and spoon to do so then I took out some tomato's my mother and put with my camping kit and I mixed them with the berries finally I added some water and mixed with heat heat safely used from Fletch's tail feathers and only enough to heat the soup up finally I poured it the soup into two bowls and with perfect timing as Hop finished his shower, "wow what's that smell? did you make soup or was it tinned?" he asked as he took the bowl I handed him "Nah I made it myself its my mothers family traditional food back home my mom would make me this when I was feeling down or we was out camping we loved to travel and watch the gym battles finally coming to the champion league" I explained as he scooped some of my soup into a spoon and I let Fletch take the first sip while hop took a giant scoop with his spoon and dug in.

"So you can cook? know much?" Hop asked after gulping down a mouth full of the soup "well kinda ever since I got here I used my spare time to help my mom cook so I know a bit" I explained and he gave a small nod as he took another scoop, we both started to eat in silence with hop making the occasional hum or groan of joy as he ate the soup he explained that the soup tasted sweet while having a tangy spice burning in the back of his throat finally after I took my own shower we both made our way down to the gym for the final fight of the first set of gyms, now to quickly explain more about how the challenges work so first you beat the first three gyms, grass water and fire once you beat them before the deadline you will then have a week off where you can prepare for the next gym or just wait out the time so after we beat this fire gym we should have just over a week break.

But if only I knew what was instore for me in this gym.