Chapter Thirteen: Water Leader

Jazz p.o.v

Once again I sit in the waiting room ready and waiting for the gym battle to begin I was just going over my plan, first, we scout out her first Pokemon if fletch can't take it down then I swap into towel to try and take it down, then if successful towel can get some damage on her next Pokemon after he's taken down hopefully fletch can take out the new Pokemon before trying her best against the last member of Nessa's team.

Just like last time I was called out now there is one rule with these gyms that should be mentioned you can only have the same amount of Pokemon as the gym leader which at the moment is three so it's best I don't use scizzlipede, as I walked up the familiar dark tunnel I felt more excited even more excited than the last gym, she seemed like she was going to put up a fight and so I couldn't want these thoughts came to mind as I walked onto the pitch but something was different, apart from the obvious blue pitch instead of green I realized there were pools of water dug into the ground.

Nessa was across the other side coming out of her tunnel and she had a big grin on her face, she was as excited about this as I was, and when we were finally facing to face she gave me a nod before we walked to opposite sides of the pitch, "three two one ...Go" the announcer stated and we both sent put our first Pokemon "go Fletch" I said hopping upwards to give Fletch a lift off "goldeen your up first" she stated as a white and orange fish splashed into the water.

"And it looks like it's a bird vs a fish I wonder how this will go" the announcer shouted", start this goldeen with whirlpool" she called with a hint of excitement in her voice as her goldeen jumped out of one of the pools of water and fired out a...

"And it looks like it's a bird vs a fish I wonder how this will go" the announcer shouted", start this goldeen with whirlpool" she called with a hint of excitement in her voice as her goldeen jumped out of one of the pools of water and fired out a swirl of water at fletch, "fletch dodge then hit back with peck" fletch did as I said easily dodging the whirlpool then her beak lit up white then she chased after the fish but it quickly dived into another pool of water dodging the peck.

"hmm dammit, goldeen can easily dodge our attacks" I mumbled to myself, "let's keep testing the waters goldeen ... Use water pulse" she stated, and out from the pool the goldeen was in came flying a ball of blue water that barely missed Fletch, but I knew this wasn't going to work "Fletch return" I called knowing that this was a failing mission, she fluttered back onto my shoulder as I took out Toxels ball "come on out Toxel" I stated as I throughout his ball.

"It looks like our challenger has a change of tactics, opting to swap his flying Fletchling for the electric poison Toxel" the announcer explained to the audience.

He popped out with a flash of blue revealing the little guy looking around curiously, "ooo an electric type very good but it's not enough ... Goldeen use whirlpool" she said, and once again the goldeen swirled up the water in the pool and shot it out at Toxel but this time I didn't want him to dodge as the water pushed him up I knew my plan was risky but it's worth the shot, "Toxel use nuzzle" I called out and for a moment nothing happened but suddenly the water lit up a golden glow as electricity flowed down and into the pool goldeen was in.