Epheotus pt.2

I woke up, dazed and confused. My senses suddenly blasted me with information, probably from getting multiple times sharper. The faint sound of steam coming off the hot tea next to me, the faint wind blowing outside. It normally would have been too much to take in, but my brain was able to perfectly handle it now.

I immediately checked for my core, but.. it was not there. The only thing giving me a bit of hope was that I could still feel Sylvia's will.

It seemed Myre saw my distressed face. "Good morning. There is tea on the nightstand. You don't have to worry about your core disappearing, I will soon explain." she said, her voice soft.

She approached me, bringing a chair with her.

"You have reached the Integration stage, meaning you are not human. I thought Sylvia's feather was to hide the mark from Sylvie, but it was not only hiding the mark, it was hiding your Asura blood, making us see you as a normal human child."

She put her index finger and thumb on her chin, sitting in a thinking position.

"Don't worry, I will not tell anyone. Your body was special, as you know. A human with an Asuran body. Asuras are fundamentally different from humans, seeking power and abandoning emotion during it. It seems that your core, integrating itself into your very being, was conflicted as to what to do.

It acknowledged that you didn't want to be an Asura, but keep an Asuran body. Normally, it only integrates into your body, human or Asuran, making you more powerful and letting you heal minor injuries instantly as well as giving you much higher mana capacities. In your case, however..

Arthur, I think you might be an entirely new being never seen on this world."

Thousands of thoughts and emotions ran through my mind. Am I going to lose all my power? Am I still at least part Asuran?

Wait a second.. My brain could never process literal thousands of thoughts at once.. Could this mean that my brain function accelerated?

"So what happened? Am I no longer an Asura?" I said with a shocked look

"I think you're now much more powerful than a simple Asura, Arthur. You and your core have perfectly merged, reaching a equilibrium, and with it unknown power."

I wanted to say something, but words wouldn't come out of my throat. So many emotions were racing through my head, but somehow the most prominent one was.. determination.

looking in a small pocket mirror, I can see that nothing about my appearance has changed except that my eyes are now purple.

Putting on a determined look, I said "Alright, let's try my new body."

...

Firstly, I tried to manipulate the four basic elements and their deviants. What I noticed was that there was no delay between the thought and execution. I could manipulate all the elements with much greater precision, something I thought impossible. 

My body being literally made of my mana core meant that I was always perfectly reinforced with mana, and could absorb mana much faster than regular mages. 

My physical strength and reaction speed were multiplied at least tenfold, and my mana capacity a hundredfold. I could also now manipulate pure mana, meaning much more options and precision.

Even with this extreme powerup, I still knew I had no chance against the king of the Asuras.

Next, I activated my beast will. My first form worked perfectly, but what was different was Realmheart.

Much more intricate and complicated runes ran down my entire body, glowing dimly. It still seemed to have the same effect, but Myre looked completely in shock.