A destined meeting

KATHYLN POV

Stepping through the portal, we found ourselves on top of two small steps leading to a large cavern.

I had already raised my foot to go down the step, but Arthur suddenly put his hand in front of me.

For the first time since he woke up, I had the opportunity to take a look at his new appearance.

His stature remained the same, but his hair, eyes, and runes changed.

Instead of his usual pale, almost white hair, he now had dark blue hair with dozens of white dots sparkling back at me. His eyes looked like windows to the universe itself, each of them reflecting galaxies, his irises were pure purple with a small black pupil. His runes glowed brighter than ever, illuminating a small radius around him.

I couldn't help but blush slightly at his appearance, as I quickly looked away.

After a few seconds of watching the cavern in front of us, Arthur finally spoke.

"The cavern in front of us is not real."

Before I had the opportunity to say anything, the cavern changed into a blossoming garden that even the kings of Dicathen would be envious of.

An old woman with black hair, wearing a plain set of clothes hiding her runes appeared.

"So I was right, you really are special." said the woman, her gaze turning into a smirk.

ARTHUR POV

"If I may ask, what makes me so special?" I said

Thinking about it for a second, the woman declared.

"First of all, your spellforms are unlike anything I have seen before. They are not only able to store aether in large quantities, but also help you control it. Second of all, your appearance. While you have an affinity for all the edicts of aether, the edict of Spatium has always been closest to you. In other words, you have become one with space itself." 

"But I can't even shape aether into a more complicated shape than a cube, how could I be one with space?" I challenged

"You can have the knowledge but not the capabilities to use that knowledge, no? I am one of the last living Djinn that can teach you both." She said as her expression turned into a warm smile.

"You live? But I was told that all of the Djinn were exterminated!" I exclaimed, astonished.

Her expression turned somber.

"While I am a master of Spatium, I am also a coward. I was one of the first to hide from the Asuras, and I was lucky to find a huge crystal of aether able to power two pocket dimensions stacked onto each other. I hope teaching you will alleviate my feelings of guilt, if by at least a little." 

"Thank you..."

"Eva"

"Thank you Eva. When can we start?"

"Right now" - Eva looked at Kath, then pointed to the large mansion. - "Give me his mana beast and make yourself at home. There is a free training facility you can use if you wish, we will be here for a year after all."

"A whole year? I can't be away for that long, I need to return to Dicathen as soon as possible." I explained

"Oh, don't worry dear. A year in here is a mere two weeks in the outside world. Now, let's go."

Walking silently, the only sound heard was the gravel crunching below our feet, I suddenly remembered something.

"I apologize I forgot to introduce myself, I am Arthur Leywin, this is Sylvie and the black-haired girl is Kathyln." I told Eva with an embarrassed expression.