The Victoriad

THE VICTORIAD IS TAKING PLACE IN VECHOR, NOT IN CENTRAL DOMINION! I MADE A MISTAKE IN MY PREVIOUS CHAPTERS!

I walked out of a smaller portal, yet still inside the same cave I came in from. A large plaza with many people came into view with multiple clerks where ascenders checked out and reported their 'accolades'.

I walked past them, but a burly man, probably a guard, put his hand on my shoulder. "Hey, kid. You have to report your name and accolades to the clerks."

I turned around, giving him an icy glare. "No accolades, name's Arthur Leywin. Tell them for me, I'm in quite a hurry."

He stepped back, cold sweat running down his forehead, but nodded as he quickly walked to the clerk.

Turning around, I sent my companion. 'Alright, Regis. Lead the way.'

...

SERIS VRITRA POV

I was looking around, searching for Arthur Leywin. I was looking everywhere, yet I didn't see him at all.

I was interrupted when Sovereign Kiros shifted, looking to the right of the arena. Following his gaze, I saw a boy with a white fur-lined cape, its hood on his head full of dark blue hair. His eyes, which could be described as windows to the universe, were gazing back at Sovereign Kiros. A small white mana beast resembling a cat was sat next to him, looking around the arena.

Eventually, more and more people noticed the stand off, everyone completely petrified.

Arthur Leywin shrugged, sitting on his spot and looking around the arena with the mana beast in his lap. Sovereign Kiros slightly chuckled as he sat back down into his previous position.

"Continue," his voice boomed.

...

The Victoriad started, and the first attraction was watching Dicatheans be slaughtered by mana beasts for fun. I wasn't watching the show, but rather Arthur's reaction.

His brows furrowed, looking at his people huddling together as the wolves circled around them. People gasped as the wolves suddenly collapsed with no trace of mana being used.

With a satisfied look, Arthur sat back down, shooting a satisfied glance at Sovereign Kiros.

The commentator looked at Sovereign Kiros, not knowing what to do, receiving a small nod. He cleared his throat before saying. "Ehm, we apologize for the inconvenience. The bouts between academies will start a little before schedule!"

A figure appeared in the middle of the arena, purple lightning following behind him. Everyone turned his eyes to him, as he cleared his throat. "I'm sorry for interrupting, but I do not have the time to watch academy students slap each other around." - His voice boomed as he turned to Sovereign Kiros - "I challenge Kiros Vritra to a duel."

As soon as he said that, many high-bloods started shouting obscenities at him, as the remaining scythes rushed at him for disrespecting Sovereign Kiros.

Arthur appeared in front of Viessa in a flash of purple, punching her so hard in the stomach that she burrowed a dozen meters through the ground before finally stopping. Four small orange fireballs appeared around his hand, each making a high pitched squeal as he sent them towards Melzri. She tried to dodge, but the fireballs were simply faster and much more maneuverable. Each of the four fireballs easily penetrated through her mana barrier, making a large explosion and sending her crashing to the ground, her body smoking.

With a flick of the wrist, they both floated off of the ground, and were thrown into the stands they were before.

"They will live." - He looked Sovereign Kiros in the eyes, exuding an aura of unbreakable confidence. - "Do you accept, Kiros Vritra?"