Chapter I

I might add some pictures and fan art with time, but here you go the first chapter for now :)
I will slowly upload the next chapters as I finish them. Your wait is highly appreciated!

P.S. if you encounter "Karma" as a name, it's because the story was meant as a gift for my dear friend nicknamed as such, and I've probably forgotten to change it.
_______________________________________________

It was a bright day. The birds were racing amidst the blue skies, while some of the younglings were playing hide and seek within the thick branches of the trees in the school yard. You felt the soft sunrays on your skin while you were running out of focus. The view out the window was beautiful, but apparently your teacher thought that it didn't deserve more attention than his lesson.

You unintentionally caught sight of his intimidating gaze upon yourself. He suddenly spoke loudly, enough to completely stir you out of the trans.

"Could perhaps Ms. Y/n quote some of these amazing authors we just mentioned?" – he had a devilish smirk, knowing he had gotten you short of answers. You shot a look in his eye full of spite.

Mr. Breadwill has been infuriating you since the very first day you stepped into his classroom. It was as if he's always wearing a mask in front of his colleagues, acting all nice and friendly. But then, the moment he would walk into the classroom he'd take that mask off, and you could feel malice radiating from his wicked heart. Mr. Breadwill absolutely adored putting you in a tight spot in front of the whole class for no actual reason, which was exactly why the only feeling you had for him is despise.

You slowly stood up, trying to buy yourself time to think of a proper answer or at least an excuse. Your eyes rapidly moved around every corner of the classroom, desperately aiming to find any clue of which authors the teacher had spoken of. His eyes met yours and you noticed the winning smile on his face. No – you won't let him play around with you like this!

"May I use the bathroom, please?" – a calming male voice was heard speaking from the back rows of the classroom. Mr. Breadwill rolled his eyes, but said yes. You heard a chair moving, and then light footsteps approaching. The student tripped near your desk, swiftly apologized and then left the classroom. It is then you realized, that he had left a small note on your desk.

- "'The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool' – William Shakespeare, author of Romeo and Juliette" – you courageously recited in front of the whole class, while Mr. Breadwill's eyes widened. Startled from the unexpected turn of events, he let out a grunt, his face becoming gloomy.

"Yes, that indeed is a wonderful quote Ms. Y/n." – he unwillingly admitted, but still didn't miss the chance to scold you. "Next time you better not slack off during my lessons, got it?"
You put the nice act on, quietly apologized and swiftly sat back down.

Moments later, the classroom door opened and Kagehira Mika walked in. He passed by your desk and kept moving until he finally settled in the back rows. You glanced at him gratefully, as he shied away with a smile.

Who knows how much homework that ugly son of a bitch Breadwill would've given me if it wasn't for Mika's note.

You carefully slipped the note under the bench so that the teacher couldn't see it, but suddenly a neat handwriting on the opposite side attracted your attention. It read, "If you're not busy this afternoon, maybe you'd like to meet me in front of the Garden Terrace at 14h?"
You kept on staring at the well-designed and legible handwriting.

Mika? Asking me out to meet him...? Is this a date?!

Many questions swarmed through your head as you were unable to distinguish them from one another, hardly noticing the bell ring, now sounding faint in the background. You packed your bag and briefly left the classroom, heading for your dorm. Once you came in, you closed the door behind and threw yourself on the bed.