[Shu] Our New Beginning

(FOR CONTEXT: Chapters I, II, III, IV & V happen as you're in your last year of Yumenosaki Academy - you're 17 and Shu is 19. Later that summer you (MC) turn 18 and the following October Shu turns 20. That's when the Christmas Chapters happen (25th December), afterwards the next summer you finish your studies, turn 19 and leave for New York at the beginning of September. Shu turns 21 as you're away and afterwards this Chapter takes place in early March.) 

You patiently stood in line at the passport control and looked around, feeling slightly drowsy after the long flight. After six months, you were surrounded with kanji letters again instead of the long and fancy English words displayed all over the buildings and billboards in New York.

You checked your phone for any text messages and noticed a small bubble pop-up near the icon of the chat with Shu. You tapped the screen to open the chat and read the last message, "I'm in the waiting lounge. How is it on that side of the airport, cap?"

You silently chuckled and replied, "There are two more people ahead of me at the passport control. Then I'll just have to get my luggage and I'll probably be there in about... 10 minutes?" You tapped 'send' and nearly seconds after received a reply, "Oh come on~! don't make me wait for so long!"

One more person finished their passport control and the queue moved forward as you typed back a witty reply, "You waited for me for 6 months babe, 10 more minutes shouldn't be a big deal right?". You added a winking emoji and sent the message. This time he left you on seen.

You swiftly slipped your phone in the pocket of the jacket you held and stepped forward as your turn came. The man didn't waste time and got over with all the necessities fast, returning your passport to you and allowing you through towards the inside of the airport.

You entered the room with the baggage conveyor belt and scanned for your own suitcase. As you spotted it, you grabbed its handle and pulled it off the conveyor belt, heading towards the front hall of the airport.

Your shoes tapped in a rapid manner as you pushed through and looked everywhere around in search for that one particular person which you just couldn't spot. You continued forward as to not clog the way for the other people, but within you felt some strange feeling arouse.

He did text you just minutes ago that he was waiting. But now that you were on the spot and couldn't see him distressed you.

Suddenly you felt a shadow hover over you and a somewhat familiar voice sounded, "Excuse me miss, are you by any chance looking for someone?"

Your gaze shifted to meet the mysterious deep purple eyes of the young man that spoke to you and you jumped into his arms with joy. Shu smirked and pushed back a few strands of your hair that covered your face, pinching your cheeks.

You felt so excited to see him that words seemed insufficient. Completely in another world, you instead rose at the tip of your toes and pressed your lips against his. Amidst the noisy crowd of the airport, it was all you could think about.

Shu returned the kiss without hesitation but didn't let it last long and pulled back a few seconds later, looking provokingly at you with a devilish smirk. 

"Hmph, you thought that you could just leave me like that for six months and then come back and kiss me like nothing happened? That's not how it works... miss." - he emphasized the last word with a playfully raised eyebrow.

You felt heat rush to your cheeks and looked aside. "Wow, jealous are we? You were the one that made me take up the offer, remember?" - you imitated his figure of speech, emphasizing the last word the same way he did.

Without saying anything and a constant smirk on his face, Shu took the handle of your suitcase in one hand and your hand in his other one, pulling you at each side towards the exit. "Let me take you home first, how about it? I missed you so much, you know," - he added, looking at you with puppy eyes.