[Shu] Chapter V (ending no.1)

~ You ask Shu for a dance in the garden bellow the balcony ~

"Then... how about we go to the garden bellow?"

Shu's lips formed a lopsided grin as he snatched your hand, taking you by surprise.

"Ahh!" – a sound escaped your mouth involuntarily as Shu paced amidst the groups of people and back into the ballroom. At first it seemed more as he dragged you along, but after you entered inside you managed to fall in step behind him.

You shot a glance at him and noticed his jolly expression which made you snicker. With your hands tightly braced you rushed across the ballroom where the red carpet had been rolled out and models gracefully paced along its length and back.

It felt as if you were middle schoolers skipping class for ice cream.

Your giggles attracted some people's attention, but you didn't really care. As soon as you reached the door, Shu pushed it open and the two of you ran outside on the fresh and warm late-spring air. You pointed towards your left.

"There! There's a stepping-stone pathway leading behind the mansion. It's probably for the garden."

Shu nodded and the two of you headed for the path.

The stepping-stones were well-polished and the path was sidelined by bushes of flowers and roses in full blossom. The plants were nicely trimmed and noticeably maintained, giving a magical tinge to the atmosphere in the garden.

Your hand was still in Shu's as you progressed further toward the center which was visible from the balcony above. His fingers were warm and soft; a pleasant sensation which bestowed you a feeling of comfort and affection.

Your heels tapped along Shu's heavy footsteps as you reached the center of the garden – a small dancing polygon in the shape of a circle made of solid colorful and elegant marble. It was encircled by a few modernized benches in black and thick blossoming vegetation. The only visible part of the mansion was the balcony and the roof, everything else being engulfed by the tall tree's leafy crowns.

"Whoa!" – you couldn't hold back the sincere exclaim of amazement at the sight of the polygon. You twirled a few times, the dress's fluffy material flowing. You turned back at Shu.

He had a pleased grin slapped across his face and glared at you with a lovable expression. Then he beckoned a hand toward you, his palm open.

"Would you like to dance?"

You chuckled. "Wasn't I the one who suggested a dance bellow here?"

"Aren't I the Prince though?" – Shu added through a snicker when you laid your palm on top of his and he pulled you inwards, wrapping his other hand around your waist.

You placed yours on his shoulder and you two slowly swayed around the polygon in the rhythm of the delicate classical music reverberating from the ballroom of the mansion.

Shu's features seemed as beautiful as ever, illuminated by the soft gleam of the full moon that night. You locked sights meaningfully, as if attempting to excavate any secret the other party may hold within.

Then Shu smirked. "You're not going to lose your slipper tonight though, right Cinderella?"

"Pfft!" – you swung your head backwards in laughter. "After you fixed them for me? You can rest assured, Prince Charming."

The music in the ballroom changed, from a more playful version of tango to a slower one, and you instinctively moved both of your hands around Shu's neck, leaning onto his shoulder. He fixated his hands around your waist and the two of you stood like that for a while, slowly moving once in a while as if remembering you should be dancing.

"Thank you for inviting me with you tonight." – you whispered to him. "Tonight's taking second place on my list of 'The most unforgettable nights'."

Shu snorted at your remark. "Why second?"

"Because the first place's already taken by my first kiss." – you laughed at the thought.

Shu looked in thought for a moment. "Then how about we change that?"

You pulled your head away from his shoulder in confusion and he suddenly leaned his face inches away of yours, his breaths warming and tempting. You remained still in his embrace, in await of his next move.

Shu closed the gap between your mouths, gently brushing his lips against yours for a few moments before diving in for a taste. His lips were fiery and soft, slightly tasting like apple and alcohol; the cocktail he even refused to finish. The kiss was passionate and you finally entirely gave in as his tongue swirled around your mouth – him testing his boundaries.

And after what felt like an eternity, he slowly pulled back. You felt your face burning and could barely make yourself look him in the eye, but once his lips weren't touching yours anymore, you felt yourself craving more.

What is this crazy hurricane of strange and intense emotions?!!

You kept breathing intensely while blankly staring at his chest as you felt a hand gently tangle in the back of your hair. Shu slightly tilted his head downwards and his lips rested on your forehead. It was when the late spring gale blew that you realized just how much your body temperature had increased.

The two of you slowly swayed across the moonlit garden, your footsteps audible against the fine marble of the polygon united alike a harmonic melody. Shu's fingers lovingly caressed the back of your head as you had your hands pressed against his solid chest and head leaned onto his shoulder.

"Y/n," – his words came out as a whisper which triggered your heartbeat once again.

"Mm?" – you silently responded in await.

"I like you. I really, really like you."

The two of you kept swaying around in small and slow circles, the serene atmosphere remaining the same even after that confession. But with your ears leaned on right above his heart, you could feel the excitement and nervousness resonating within his body.

However, instead of simply telling him your feelings, you lifted yourself on your toes and planted a kiss on his cheek. Then you leaned against him again.

"Well... I suppose you did manage to make this my number-one unforgettable night after all."

You heard Shu giggle and tighten the hug. "It's my pleasure, princess."

With your eyes closed, though you couldn't see the beauty of the garden surrounding you there was a smile flowing on your lips. A smile that you bore along with those thundering emotions for the man who held you in his hands.

__________________________________________

Hello everyone! As busy as I am with all of the first term tests at school, I have decided to rush all of the parts this last week and even try my hand at writing some Christmas surprises for you all who've supported me~ (I will post them before 2022 ends I PROMISE)

I'm really grateful and never even thought my story would get 1k+ reads, let alone that I'll be receiving comment notifications by people who've enjoyed. You have no clue how much it means to me <3

If anyone ever wishes to send me their feedback about any of my stories or just ask me some questions, you can always go to <Conversations> on my profile and post a message there which I'll do my best to answer as genuinely as I can.

Thank you for your support again and stay tuned for some Christmas and Valentine's Day surprises ;)